Prologue war

“You were my love, my heart, my whole soul, how?? How much more pain do I need endor?!”

I screamed breathlessly in his face, the face of my one true love,Yet he ignored my wail as he stepped forward, his blade pressed firmly to my throat, the sharp edge biting into my skin drawing blood.

The way he had brought me to my knees was laughable. I had been no match, he had always been an amazing swordsman, I never thought he would use his skill against me.  

Everything was wrong, the pain, the bloodshed, all useless.

I felt like my whole soul was breaking, shattering completely. This war meant nothing without him. 

He used his sword to tilt my face to look into his emotionless light gray eyes, reminiscent of cold chip steel. I felt his hatred bleeding into me with just that look.

“I won, how does it feel? The feeling of losing everything, your Majesty?” he cackled loudly, spitting in my face. 

Though I was trying to seem strong, the weight of everything began breaking me.

At this point I couldn't hold back anymore my entire body shook as tears cascaded freely down my cheeks. “It doesn't have to be like this.” my voice came out small as I choked on my sobs. Dane then pulled back his blade to cut me down to slash through my throat, “Oh? It doesn't?YOU ARE KILLING MY PEOPLE!!!” he bellowed in my face, but i closed my eyes, ready to accept fate, my unavoidable death, i was to lose my life at the hands of the other half of my soul, but don't get me wrong it was rightly so.

“Any last words my queen?” he spoke softly now, making me open my eyes , he sounded like he was on the verge of tears. Gazing longingly into his face for maybe the last time I could see his eyes had begun to water, his emotions were getting to him. 

“Yes I do, I love you and I'm sorry this is how I finally tell you.” whispering out the last word which caused him to run his blood stained hand down his face and hang his head as he towered over me as I kneeled on the ground.

“Hahahaha your cute, love????, you never loved me, you just used me till i had nothing left to be used. Did you really think that would work?! Ellie??”his tone filled with hate and sadness, i could no longer handle this i didn't want this power this horrible burden.

Watching his face  the tears that he was keeping in finally fell as he raised the blade bringing it down to slit my throat .

The blade cut quickly and deeply as I screamed blood pouring from my neck, I pressed my hands to my throat to keep my life blood from flowing out of me but I could feel life leaving me as I coughed blood gurgling out of my wound and dribbled down my lips. Hunched over my eyes bulging from me as i continued to coughed  up blood as an attempted to clear my lungs as i slowly drown, i tried to look to dane for help to be saved but he was turning his back to me, as he walked away i reached for him one last time thinking this is what i deserve.

I was dying slowly. I could tell as my vision gained a darkness like a halo around my vision, yet as I fell over to close my eyes and join mother at last, I heard a caw and up on an old gnarled tree branch above this blood and death soaked battlefield was the Crow.