Cursed

I crept quietly around the candle lit hallway crouched down behind a dark cherry wood runner table, covering my mouth with my hand to stifle the sound of my breathing.

Hearing light footsteps padding down the long hall I pulled my knees tight to my chest realizing too late I'm stuck unable to run or I would be caught. 

“Oh goodness i guess my little darling has all but just vanished into thin air, who will i share my tea with oh dear, or my cakes?” spoke a soft feminine voice, her footsteps began to disappear down the way they had come so i found it to be the perfect chance to search for a new hiding place, that turns out to be a horrible decision as i stand and long strong arms capture me, pulling my body to hers.

“Aha! Got you!” Mother yelled giggling  “I win this time” she added and kissed my forehead gently.

“That's not fair you tricked me”i respond whining i hate losing especially losing at hide and seek. “Come now smile, it's tea time you love tea time Ellie”mother spoke with an air of grace about her at all times even when playing games with me.

She took my small hand in hers and started navigating our way through the long hallways of the castle that seem never ending.

The castle was massive and very old and the decore reflected that with it’s large brite stainglass windows that stretched from floor to ceiling depicting our history, our wealth was extreme gold and silver covering every inch of the structure , rich tapestries and paintings , plus our slaves and thosands of staff at our disposal, but what else could you expect from the royal family.

My mother Queen and father King of Gemheld land of the humans and the four realms, the lands of iron blood Drelvder, they were the metal smiths and dragon lords, Winteckels the fae lands of magic and mystic creature, Meridian they were elf folk and controlled the lands across the seas of locdraoon they were good with exports and imports in the kingdom and then there's the lands of the sun were my mother hails from Frowilier a lush green forest full of mystery and dark magick and the lands of goblins and imps i had only seen it once to visit the duke and duchess my grandmother and grandfather plus her older brother my uncle lord Baron.

Then there's me, “ah Elowen did you hear anything i just said to you??” mother inquired with mild irritation,

“Oh i'm sorry i must have been lost in my head again” i explained which earned me a slight glare as we walked through the large arch that led to the interior garden, mother loved to spend as much time as possible out in her lush garden she had told me that it helped when she missed home.

“So have you been keeping with all your studies?”

“Um, yes” a sheepish tone to my voice,

“ How will you ever rule or find a suitable sutor if you are illiterate and dim witted?”She fussed as we sat down for our tea and cakes.

“Why do I need to care? I don't even know if I want to be the queen, the blade is the one thing I'm good with. What if I were to just be a knight?” i question even if i knew that would never be possible not with my beauty and bloodline in question, i was normal height with curves that made me look much older then my age of 16 i looked much like my mother full pink lips a heart shaped face littered with freckles that's made me looked sun kissed with my lightly tan complexion, but yet were the high queen had hair the color raven black and pin straight, i was graced with what my father calls the lion blood, i have pale blonde almost white long and unbearably curly locks, it was full and all the way to my waist, but my eyes looked like neither of my parents they matched my grandmother and uncle baron, they look like clear light green pools hidden in a ancient forest, even if i was illiterate as mother had joked  i would still have an endless list of high lords and princes to choose from.