enough is enough (no more tears)...

The only thing that any surgeon ever needed to get through a bad day was blood. Lots and lots of blood...

"Male, 55, victim of a head-on collision. G.C.S. is 3, depressed skull fracture, multiple internal injuries, A.C.L.S. protocol started, but his vein's blue so we've been pushing medicine down the tube. P.E.A. on arrival."

"How long has he been down for?" Peyton asked mindlessly as the patient was carted off the ambulance.

"We've been doing C.P.R. for about 20 minutes. It took fire about 20 minutes to get him out of the car. He's pretty much gone."

"No, he's not gone till we say he's gone. Keep coding." Peyton turned to the eager selection of interns standing directly behind her. "O'Malley, get him into a bay and save him."

O'Malley didn't move at her words like she expected him to do. After all, he was at the bottom of the surgical food chain and she was near the top. "But he's dead."

"Didn't you hear me? He's not dead until we say he's dead. I assume you know what to do, so do it. Grey, you're on this too. Move it!" Peyton told them sternly, her full attention diverting to the next ambulance arriving.

"We've got three more victims from the other car coming in."

"Let's move people!"

XXX

And the more blood the better...

"Male, 46, unrestrained driver of the car that jumped lanes. BP 80, over palp, tachycardic, last pulse-138."

"Got 2 liters of L.R. running wide open."

"Any history?" Peyton questioned as the EMTs and the interns surrounding her pushed the gurney into the ER.

"Wife says he's got a bad liver. He's on the transplant list."

"Abdomen's rigid. Okay, hands off. We need to page Burke. Prep this guy for the O.R." Peyton finally looked up, glancing at the yearning interns. "Who wants it?" All of their hands shot up with great excitement.

"I do!"

"I do!"

"No, you're too late. Stevens, take it."

"Yes!" The blonde exclaimed, overwhelmed with excitement.

"Karev, take the boy. Yang, you take the mom. I wanna be looking at their films in 15 minutes."

"We got one more for you." A nurse informed Peyton dimly. She strutted over to him, taking the chart from his hands. "That guy." He pointed to a relatively pale guy in an emergency room bed.

"What is it? He was in the accident?"

"No, bowel obstruction. He's not telling us what he ingested, but the films look like he's packing."

Peyton couldn't restrain herself from rolling her eyes. "Can't people find a better way to move drugs?" She then peaked her head into the trauma room where she knew Meredith and George were. "Grey? Oh, pericardiocentesis, good. Any response?" The nurse behind them shook his head hopelessly. "Okay, uh, all right, you guys, can..."

George stopped what he was doing to look at the attending. "Should I call it?"

"Well, what would you do next, O'Malley?" Peyton questioned snarkily.

"I would call it."

"To save him, O'Malley." She quickly retracted.

"Uh, um, a pericardial window?" George's answer was more like another question to Peyton.

"Excellent, do it." Peyton gestured towards Meredith as she continued to speak. "Grey, you're done here. I got a bowel obstruction for you.

XXX

And though blood calmed Doctor Peyton Scott, Addison Forbes Montgomery-Shepherd made her heart race again...

Turning a corner while looking at scans, Peyton didn't expect to run into anyone. Instead, she ran right into the worst person at what could be considered the worst time for the two.

"Oh shit my-" Peyton's apology stopped itself when her eyes met the person picking up her fallen belongings. "Addison."

"Peyton, hi."

"Yeah, hi." She responded bluntly.

"Uh, how are you?"

"I'd be better if you weren't here." Her eyes drifted back to the scans as Addison metaphorically fumbled beside her.

"I waited for you last night." Addison continued, more humble than the last time she spoke.

Peyton let herself laugh a small amount. "And why'd you think I'd go back to the hotel room?"

"I thought maybe you'd made up your mind about us." Peyton would be lying if she said the words didn't catch her by surprise.

"I'm sorry, Addison, but I thought I made it clear- we're done. I'll come get my stuff tonight."

XXX

Needless to say that conversation did not put Peyton in the best mood, so she went to mourn at the place she knew best...

Joe's Bar was relatively crowded for a weeknight, but it wasn't abnormal, seeing as the hospital was a mere 500 feet across the street. But, Peyton still kept to herself, so indulged in her whiskey, she almost didn't notice the blonde intern standing next to her.

"Fleetwood Mac. Good band. Cool shirt." Izzie complimented, knowingly keeping her eyes on the attending's chest rather than her shirt.

"Thanks." Peyton, who was extremely good at reading body language, read the situation right away. "You here with anyone?"

"Just a few interns- George, Meredith, Cristina."

She smirked just a bit more. "You think they'd notice if you slipped out for a few minutes?"

Izzie's eyebrow quirked up. "Just a few minutes?"

"You won't last any longer." Peyton teased, standing up and inching her way to the door, her car being parked right outside.

"I take that as a challenge."

"Good."

XXX

Double the time Peyton had assumed had passed, mostly because the two went for a second round...

Still, sitting in the backseat of Peyton's bright red Jeep wrangler, Izzie felt oddly attached to what she knew was just a one night stand. "You coming back in?" She asked, almost longingly.

"Not tonight. Just have an errand to run."

"Fair enough." Izzie grabbed her purse and stepped out of the car. "See you tomorrow, Doctor Scott."

"See you tomorrow, Doctor Stevens."

XXX

And then there was Peyton's errand....

"I think that's it." Peyton announced solemnly as she brought the rather small box of her belongings with her to the door of the hotel room.

"Please don't do this." Addison weakly begged, her arms crossed over Peyton's t-shirt that she happened to be wearing.

"You did this to yourself, Addison." Peyton turned her back, her hand barely grazing the doorknob before Addison spoke again.

"Peyton?"

"What Addison?" Peyton breathed out, wanting more than ever to go to the "comfort" of her car, where she would be sleeping for the considerable future.

"Are you staying in Seattle or are you going back to New York?"

"I'll be wherever you aren't."