two ♡

*sorry for any mistakes*

Norfolk, VAMarch 5thSunday

Norfolk, VA
March 5th
Sunday

🎶 2 AM in the parking garage, it's clearly a no brainer
Should have left you last July but I was only tryna save us 🎶

2 You by Mariah the Scientist played through the apartment as Taj swept the living room. She always felt that it was better to start her week with a clean house.

She was still feeling down a little but she wanted to pick herself up and have a self care day before she got caught up with the busy week she had ahead of her.

The music stopped and shortly after was replaced with loud ringing indicating that someone was calling her. Looking at the caller ID she answered the phone swiftly.

"Hello", Taj said holding the phone up to her ear.

"Hey Taj wyd ?", Serenity asked.

"Nothing much just some cleaning", Taj replied.

"I'm not interrupting you am I", Serenity said.

"Oh no girl I'm almost finished, wassup ?", Taj asked.

"I was gon ask if it's ok if I come over there I wanted to tell you about this date hunny", Serenity said.

"Serenity you know you don't have to ask me, I gave y'all keys for a reason", Taj chuckled.

"I know but you know I don't wanna walk in one day and you eating it off the bone like a turkey leg at the carnival", Serenity said seriously.

"Serenity WHATTT", Taj busted out laughing.

"I'm serious we grown so I know we all get down with the get down ni", Serenity said.

"Well I am not getting down with nothing so you have anything to worry about", Taj said.

"Mhmm you say that now", Serenity told her.

"Trust when I do I be sure to let you know", Taj said.

"Mhm well ok I'm finna be on the way so I'll see you in a bit", Serenity said.

"Ok love you", Taj replied.

"Love you too", Serenity hung up.

The music resumed and Taj finished sweeping and wiping the counters down. Today was one of her down days and cleaning was helping to keep her mind off of it. She didn't expect to still be dwelling over the breakup but she was never one to invalidate her own feelings. She knew the reasons as to why she was still upset about it so she wasn't going to rush herself to get over it just because everyone wanted her to.