Chapter 2 - The Reveal

Adam went in horror when he saw the basement in front of him. There were torture devices around and blood in every corner and ceiling. Words couldn't describe how scary the place was. It was eerily quiet, Adam could only hear water dripping down from an old and rusty pipe.

"Somebody...help..."

Adam turned his head to the source of the sound. He could swear that he heard something that was not the dripping water.

"Somebody...help..."

Adam was startled. "Alyssa?!"

"Adam...?"

He lowered his flashlight, looking at his surroundings with a worried look on his face. "Where are you?"

"I'm here...follow my sound..."

Adam did what Alyssa said, he followed her voice until he stumbled upon a small cell.

He saw Alyssa. Crying, screaming for help. Ill. Bleeding. A total mess.

Adam couldn't hold back his tears when he saw his sister, lying on the cold and rough stone floor. "Alyssa...what did he do to you...?"

No answer. She must had been locked here for a couple of days. Luckily, Adam brought his lockpicking set, and managed to unlock the cell door. He quickly ran to Alyssa with a worried look on his face.

"Alyssa, can you hear me?"

Silence. There was still no answer.

He sighed. "If only I had some kind of magic to wake you up..."

Just when he finished the sentence, his entire body started to shine.

Adam gasped, looked at himself in disbelief.

And at the same time, he felt something being released from the inside of his body, spreading throughout his veins. Adam grunted, not in pain, but trying to accept it.

A few seconds, now half a mile away from the ground, Adam had unlocked his inner magics, and he would use it to cure Alyssa for starters.

"Great. The very power I left to rot centuries ago,"  Adam closed his eyes. "But now, it's back. They still remember their original owner no matter what, it seems."

He slowly floated back to the ground. His body was still shining through every single corner of the basement. He looked directly at Alyssa.

He raised his hand forward, diverting his healing energy to Alyssa, and slowly said, "Heal."

Alyssa startled. She slowly opened her eyes, and the first thing she saw was Adam looking at her.

"Adam...?" Alyssa opened her eyes fully, making sure that she wasn't hallucinating."

Adam nodded. "Your loving brother."

"But..." She backed down from Adam. "You don't look like him. The Adam I know doesn't look like this...you're not him. You're lying."

"I'm not. I can prove it to you. Give me a minute."

Adam closed his eyes, the magic energy starts to revolve around him. A few minutes, the light on his body started to dim, before fully vanished.

Alyssa gasped.

Adam smiled at her. "See? I'm not lying."

He slowly walked to her. Alyssa was still shocked, hugging Adam's waist. Adam hugged her back, holding her close to him.

Then Adam looked directly at Alyssa. "Don't worry, you're safe now."

Alyssa nodded. 

Adam smiled at her, then brought her out of the jail cell and sat her down on one of the wooden chairs there, and went upstairs to find her some clothes to put on—she was half naked when Adam first found her.