Chapter 3 - The Friend and Foe

"Hello, Xavier."

Adam turned around and saw a man standing behind him. He had blue eyes, sharply looking at his opponent. His brown hair was combed to the back of his head, leaving his golden yellow fringe in the front. His entire body was also shining.

"You?" Adam said with a cold intonation. "It's been so long, Crypt."

Crypt laughed. "Don't look at me like that, Your Highness. Just consider this as a reunion."

"Ah yeah, you're interrupting my human disguise. Truly an amazing reunion."

"Oh, come on, Xavier. Do you know how long you've been here? More than a couple of centuries."

"Don't call me that." Adam looked away, his fists clenching. "I have ditched that name ever since that day."

Crypt walked closer to him. "You and I both, we won't forget that. But that was in the past. Now, the times have changed. Most people, especially they who still reside at the kingdom, have forgotten about it."

Adam looked at Crypt with sharp eyes. "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying that, maybe you should try and take back your place as the conqueror of the kingdom. Your father would love the aftermath of it."

Adam closed his eyes, folding his hands in his chest. "Have you forgotten about how much I hate him? He brought a chaos to the whole dimension just for his own ambition. That, I should never follow his steps."

Crypt let out a faint whistle. "I guess you're just like everyone else. You never know the truth."

"Whatever that is, save it. I've found my place. Amongst our closest allies, ordinary humans."

"Are you sure you don't want to hear it?"

"It's an order."

Crypt lost his words. He then said, "If that's what you want, Your Highness."

Adam sighed, slowly putting his hand on Crypt's shoulder. "Listen, Crypt, there will be the right time for me to make my return to the kingdom. Just not now. Matter of fact I haven't trained my powers in ages."

Crypt laughed. "Say, how about we proceed with the training, right here and right now?"

Adam shook his head, smiling slightly. "You really don't want to give up that easily, do you?"

He smiled. "You know me too well, Your Highness."

Suddenly, poof! Crypt went invisible, before revealing himself in Adam's back, attacking him.

Adam was shocked for a moment, but recovered twice as fast. He avoided the attack, before deciding to fight back.

He floated in the air, his body shined brightly, channeling one of his powers.

Zap! A stroke of lightning crashed through the dark sky, barely hitting poor Crypt. The lightning, when hitting the ground, created some kind of yellow aura effect around the damaged area, creating an actually beautiful scenery.

"At least give me some time to prepare, will you?" Adam fixed his hair, taking a deep breath. The mystical energy crackled around him as he felt his powers grow each second passed.

Poof! Crypt teleported in front of Adam, his elemental sword on hand.

Slash! Adam got hit by the sword, forced him to retreat a few steps away. "I guess you're not giving me time to even react, Crypt. Very well. We're just getting started."

He looked at the sky and shouted, "Release my armor!"

A beam of light suddenly appeared from the sky, striking right above Adam. It didn't take long for him to fully absorb the light and channeled his armor.