Chapter 5 Choosing intro

A/N Pic is not mine I found it on Pinterest but this is sort of the look of the academy you know like sort of old looking I guess,? With plenty of space for dragons. Also sorry if this is inaccurate about all things school related I'm homeschooled so I don't really know anything about how it works except for what I've seen on TV
( it's Monday btw)
Y/N POV

"Now class as you all know there is a Choosing Ceremony this weekend." Our teacher Mr.Belch (Also known as Uncle Gobber.) told us.
"Now, who here knows what a Choosing Ceremony is?" He asked us. Everyone raised their hand.
"You there lass." He said pointing to me.

"Yes sir. A Choosing Ceremony is the safest way to befriend a dragon. Traditionally you will attend you first Ceremony at 12 years old. When it's your turn you step further into the 'den' at which point you just walk around talking and you wait for your dragon to come to you." 'If a dragon comes.' I thought to myself.
"When it comes you will hold out your hand, and if the dragon puts its head in your hand then it has 'Chosen' you, hence the name. After you make your bond you and your dragon exit the cave and go off to the side so that the next person can go." I finished.

Something happens after the knew pair leaves I know, but I don't know what.
"What happens after you go to the side?" Tuffnut asked me for specification, with a smug look on his face. 'He should know, he has a dragon.' I thought to myself with a scowl. Uncle Gobbler's class was the only one I had with them, or any of the Gang for that matter, thankfully. But apparently they didn't know I don't  have a dragon.

"I don't know male Thorston twin, I've never bonded with a dragon." I said rolling my eyes. I smiled with amusement though when I heard his sister smack him.

'Time skip to after school brought to you by 'Snotlout being smart and the whole planet fainting'

🔔RING🔔RING🔔RING🔔RING🔔RING🔔

'Finally.' Schools done. I packed my back and made my way out of the class room. I was almost to my locker when I remembered that my parents had asked me to invite Uncle Gobber to dinner so I went to his classroom. (It's totally not because Snotlout was waiting for me near my locker like he did everyday, no, not at all I am a mature person and would never do such a thing.)

"Uncle Gobber, are you here? I have a note for you from Mum." He wasn't in the class room so I went back out into the hall to look for him. 'Where could he be?.' Seeing that Snotlout had moved I shrugged and went to my locker to grab my things. Once outside I saw Uncle Gobber just about to get on his dragon.
"Uncle Gobber! Wait up!" He stoped as soon as he heard me.

"Ah there ye' are lassie. What can I do fer ye'? Is suming wrong?" He asked me while getting off his dragon, Grump I think he's called.

"Oh, no nothings wrong I just have a letter to deliver." I say as I hand him the note with a flourish.

"Ah, lovely." He said while reading it.
"I would love to come fer dinner, would ya like a ride home lass?" He gestured to Grump who was seemingly asleep, until he was scared awake by the screeching of a blue Terrible Terror.

"Nah that's all right, I think Star needs some wilderness time." I said with a laugh as the small dragon landed on my shoulder with a smug look on her face.
"Come on you." I said as I started walking in the direction of the woods, Star following me in the air.

A/N
Hi. So whatcha think? Uncle Gobber and Choosing ceremonies. Again I know nothing about school so if I got something grotesquely wrong I am sorry also this chapter was more an informative chapter which I only noticed while editing but whatevs.
See yah 👋
703 Words