003

You stare at the person in front of you. They were shaking and had tears in their eyes, which was probably due to fear. Repositioning the stick, the person cautiously took a few steps back, as if you might attack them for simply moving. That genuinely concerned you, however, what they said before alerted you.

  "Stay back! I have the power on God and anime on my side!"

  You have never heard or seen a language like that in Teyvat before. 'I wonder what language that was- oh for Archons' sake, stop getting distracted [Name]!'  You slowly went towards them with your hands up, showing them that you mean no harm. It must've worked since they let their guard down. Smiling a bit at your progress, you asked: "Are you okay ma'am...sir?..."

  You had no idea, but their features are similar to a little boy's. The stranger lowered the stick, confusion etched onto their face. "What in Jerry's name are you saying?"

  "Ma'amsir, I can't help you if you keep on spewing nonsense."

  "Is this Cantonese? Sorry but I only know what corn means."

  "Do you speak Mondstadtian?"

  "You speak English my guy?"

  It took you both a few seconds to realize that none of you can understand what the other is saying. Sighing, you tried to make them understand that you only want to help them, and totally not bring them for questioning at the Knights of Favonius' Headquarters. You pointed to yourself, then at them, and tried you best to imitate a handshake with both of your hands.

  "Yeah sorry, but I'm not looking for friends right now."

  You deadpaned. You were pretty sure they did that on purpose. Clicking your tongue, you lurched forward and took their stick. The stranger didn't even have time to respond, but after they did, they started slightly shaking again. It was obvious that they felt vulnerable and unsafe without it.

  You brought the stick to the ground and drew a few scenario with two stick people in each one, all of them having the two stick figures assisting one another. You pointed to one and then yourself. "[Name]. I am [Name]."

  You pointed at the other stick figure and then looked at them expectantly. They were a bit slow to process what you wanted but got it in the end. "Ninny. Just call me Ninny." They said while pointing at themselves. 'Ninny... that sounds like a strange name...'

  Nodding, you stood up from your crouched position. You extended your hand for them. Reluctantly, they took your hand and shook it. You were slowly gaining their trust. You started heading to your house. Seeing that the person wasn't following you, you stopped and motioned for them to do so. "Come."

  You spoke in very short sentences in hopes of them learning your language. Looking around, they sagged their shoulders and grimaced. They knew that you were probably the only one who wouldn't straight up kill them. So they did what was best. Follow you.

  On the way to Springvale, you encountered a few slimes. It was kinda funny seeing the person panic and scream when they saw the slimey creatures. You also took your time to observe them. They were unhealthly pale, and their hair was colored in two colors. Black on the right fading into white, and the left being the opposite. It was also very short, save for the small blonde braid the made its way from under your ear to your collarbone. They were pretty short themselves, standing at about 150 cm, a little shorter than Sucrose. Their right eye was yellow, the left being a nice shade of blue with black sclera.