~ Chapter One: Sleepover Time ~

Author's Note: I made half of the first chapter quite a while ago, so it may not be very good.

Richie was going to have a sleepover with his friend group, which consists of Mason, Peter, Ella, Kenny, Kim, and Alison.

"I'm so excited! Do you want to play T-or-D and tell horror stories when it gets dark?" Alison said excitedly as the group gathered outside the school, waiting for the bus.

Kenny was being unusually silent today, but he finally spoke, "I'm not sure about the horror stories... that sounds creepy. I heard there's going to be a blackout tonight." The bus drove to a stop in front of us.

"Don't be a wuss, Ken!" Peter said, swinging his arm around Kenny's shoulders and leading him up the stairs onto the bus.

We gathered onto the bus and I took a seat next to Kim. As the bus started up and began forward, I noticed Kim staring out the window. "What's on your mind?" I asked.

Kim looked back at me blankly. "Nothing."

"You're normally not so quiet... neither is Kenny. Did something happen at home? Are you guys nervous about the sleepover?" I asked.

"We're fine, I'm just not in the mood to talk." she looked back at the window. I decided not to prod her anymore and became quiet. Gosh, I wish I sat with Mason instead, I thought grimly.

When the bus finally stopped at Mason's house, it felt like it had been forever. We quickly got off the bus, stealing the bus driver several glances because of how creepy she is.

We gathered inside and immediately went into Mason's room without saying a single thing to his mother.

"What should we do?" asked Alison.

"Truth-or-Dare?" Ella suggested.

"It's better if we do that when it's dark, then it's creepier!" I said. Kenny and Kim silently looked at me.

"At the blackout?" Kenny asked nervously, "What is something happens?"

"Nothing will happen." Kim said with gritted teeth, while aggressively elbowing Kenny in the shoulder.

They were definitely hiding something.

Author's Note: By the way, this book will only have 2 chapters! It's my first short story. It wasn't always going to be a short story, but I didn't really have any ideas except this one.