Chapter 42 - Katherine

We all walked into court nervous, we knew what we had to say but didn't have to guts to really say it out loud.

"Are you nervous?" I asked Cameron, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Is it that obvious?" He chuckled.

"Kind of, but don't worry. We know exactly what to say, we've got your back," I smiled and he nodded turning his attention to the judge banging on the table.
_
Everyone has said what they were going to say to defend Cameron but me. Taylor was finishing up and I've rehearsing what I want to say over and over again.

"Next up, defending Cameron Dallas will be Katherine Jacobs," the Judge announced. I nervously stood up from my seat, wiping my sweat palms at the end of my dress.

"I know what Cameron did wasn't right. It wasn't the best way to handle the situation. But he's got so much ahead of him. He has a dream, he wants to go to college and just live his life like each and everyone of us. He did what he had to do to defend himself, me, and my mother. I witnessed the event, I would know. Michael was attacking my mom, we found her hiding outside on the porch and he found us. He dragged Cameron inside and started to beat him up. He came at him and he hurt me also," I explained, I watched as the judges eyes went wide when I said he had also hurt me. "I was trying to get him off of Cameron but he was too strong and pushed me back. I hit my rib on a table and my head on the wall. Cameron isn't guilty. He didn't mean for this to happen, none of us did. We came back from a graduation party, we had the best time of our lives until everything happened," I finished and sat back down.

"Well, if Michael were here. He would be automatically guilty. But Cameron Dallas still committed a crime of murder. He is considered guilty for the death of Michael Jacobs," the judge announced and I heard everyone around us groan. My heart stopped, it felt like I would fall out of chair.

"But, your honor. He was just defending himself from getting killed himself. Doesn't that's an anything?" I asked and she just shook her head.

"I'm very sorry," she sighed. "Cameron Dallas has been sentenced to fifteen years in prison. Case closed," she finished up and walked out with two other officers and her secretary. I looked over at Cameron and he didn't seem shocked at all.

"I knew this was going to happen. I'm sorry for wasting your time," he mumbled.

"No Cameron, at least we tried. I'm coming to visit you everyday. I promise. I'm never going to leave you. I'll always be here for you Cam," I breathed, now sobbing. He stood up from his chair and pulled me into the tightest hug possible. But I didn't care, being in his arms was the best feeling in the world.

"I love you," he said once he pulled away and I leaned in to kiss him before he had to leave. He hugged everyone else and hugged his mom and me one last time. I kissed him for what seemed like forever. I could feel people watching but I didn't care. This was the last time I would be kissing him like this in a very long time.

"I love you more," I said, as we pulled away.

"Impossible," he smirked, as he wiped my tears with his thumb. A cool officers came out way, saying our time was up and took Cameron away. Once he was out the door, that's when I broke down. I couldn't handle it. Natasha and Ago tried to calm me down. Leaning down to me height of the chair.

"It's ok, this isn't the last time your ever going to see him," Ayo said rubbing my back.

"Yeah, you'll visit him everyday. It'll be like he never left," Natasha smiled and they gave me a tight squeeze. We got home and I went straight up to my room.

Days have past and I haven't seen anyone and I've been eating like I've never had food before. The only thing that made me happy was when people made or brought food. Or when I went to see Cameron. I haven't talked to anyone since court. I only wanted to talk to Cameron. I was visiting him once again on his visiting hours. Even though is been three days, I've missed him like crazy. Every time I see Cameron, I just want to break the glass and pull him into the tightest hug.

"Katherine, your mom says you haven't been talking to anyone. You need to talk to people besides me. I'm still here. Nothing had changed," he said.

"Everything has changed Cameron, your in jail and I won't be able to touch you or kiss you in fifteen year," I sighed, my eyes beginning to water. He brought his hand up to the window and I pressed it against the glass, I did the same and I watched how big his hand was compared to mine.

"Visiting hours are over, time time to go Katherine," the same officer I slapped from before said and I nodded.

(BTW I totally picture that officer as Kirby from suite life on deck. Am I the only one?)

Me and the officer became close. Ge would drive me home after every visit with Cameron is I didn't drive my car here. I went inside and my mom quickly stopped me.

"You have doctors appointment," she said and I groaned loudly. "Come on," he said sternly. I didn't even bother fighting with her and just went. It was probably just about those stupid pulls again. We drove to my doctors and went inside. I quietly sat down in one of the waiting chairs as my mom signed me in. We waited awhile until they finally called me. They started talking about the pills, I knew it. The doctor did my regular check up, I had gained weight. Great, from all that comfort food. She left to check on my papers and she said she would come back with my prescription. She so came back with no pills and just a pile of papers. At first I thought, yes I didn't have to take those do pills anymore. But then I started to get worried. What if something was really wrong with me?

"Ok, I have some good news and some bad news. They are both kind of good but also kind of bad at the same time," she chuckled nervously.

"Just spit out what your going to say. I don't have all day," I said and my mom gave me a death glare, but I just shook it off.

"I can't prescribe you those pills again," the doctor said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why not? Is something wrong with me?" I asked now getting scared.

"Well, this is very commonly when you're a women. This is a very personal question but, when was the last time you had inter-coursed with someone?" She asked and my eyes widen. I looked at my mom and she just shrugged, motioning for me to answer her question.

"I don't know, about a month ago," I stuttered.

"Have you experienced any nausea or tendency in the breast this past month?" She asked again and I thought about it for a second before nodding my head yes again. She whispered something to my mom and they both went outside in the hall to talk. What the hell was happening? They soon walked in and they both had serious faces.

"So this may be good new or bad news," the doctor said.

"Or both," my mom said nodding.

"You guys are scaring me, what's going on?" I asked, leaning away from them a little bit.

"Honey, your pregnant," my mom finally said, breathing heavily.

"What? I can't be pregnant. We used a condom. We were extra careful," I said starting to panic.

"Well, condoms do break or it could have been expired," the doctor added.

"Oh my god, I can't even handle myself. What am I going to do with a kid," I said starting to hyperventilate.

"Breathe Katherine. Control your breathing," the doctor said.

"What am I suppose to do?" I asked breathing steadily.

"Well, first. I think you should talk to Cameron about this," she said and I nodded.

"I've got to get out of here, I need to tell Cameron right now," I said starting to get up.

"Your hours for today are up. You can go tomorrow," mom said and I nodded, I feel like a bobble head to day with all this nodding.

"Make sure you have at least one glass of water by your bedside every night, and have some toast or something every morning. You have to make sure you take care of this baby. He or she isn't a toy," she explained to me.

"Just go wait in the car, I'll be out in a second," mom suggested and I grabbed the keys from her then headed to her car. Once I got in, I quickly called Ayo and Natasha on a three way call.

"Guys, I'm pregnant."