| Chapter Twenty Nine + Your loss, my gain |

I missed my mom so much.

This weekend was dedicated to her. We haven't hung out and spent genuine quality time together in a few months. Probably because I was showing my ass and putting all my attention to Veer, but that was me in the past. That was me being a bad daughter. Moving past that, I missed her a lot and I made sure to set up this weekend so we could spend some much needed quality time together.

With me being in college and a few hours away from home, we haven't really had much time to hang out. Yes, I made sure to call her at least once a week and sometimes she came to my games, but I just missed simply having a sit down conversation with her. Just spilling all my secrets. Her company. My mom was one of my favorite people in this whole world and I wanted her to know that I cherished and valued our time.

That was why this weekend was planned to a T. Yesterday, Saturday, I planned a spa day with her and it was everything I hoped for. I was in dire need of a facial and a good back massage, so this was for her as much as it was for me. She enjoyed the pampering. After the spa afternoon activities, we had dinner and talked. It was perfect. Today's plan was rooming around the mall and shopping. My mom didn't have the best taste, so this shopping day was crucial to up her closet.

We were located at the mall - hour three - venturing through different stores and picking up different pieces that interested us. But the thing that was in my mom's hand right now, wasn't interesting me at all. It was making my eyes bleed. A homeless person would reject this piece of clothing. Should it even be called a clothing item? Why did this nice store carry that?

"Mom, are you thinking of buying that?" I approached her cautiously. The piece of clothing in her hand truly scared me. With its bright mustard-shit color, its plaid pattern, and horribly cut v-neck. Who was the artist responsible for this and was it possible for them to be behind bars? "You sure?"

My mom eyed the thing in her hand again. Smiling slightly. "Why are you looking at it like that? You don't like?"

I shuddered. It gave me the heebie jeebies. "I mean, where and how would you even wear it?The shirt is not the best color either."

"I thought it was cute. . .you really don't like it?" She raised it up higher, putting it more in the light. Which was a bad idea because the more light the object was shown, the uglier it was.

"It's not for you. It doesn't scream you, you know? You need. . ." I looked around me for something else. Something at least a tad cuter, even if it was basic. And ah, a basic flowery shirt that I think my mom would love. "This, this is perfect for you." I quickly traded out the bad that was in her hand and put in the new. She smiled.

"Hm, you may be right, Sev. I can easily wear this with my new blue jeans." Which she had bought at the last store we went too.

I smiled at my much needed trade in her hand. "No need to thank me. That's why I'm here, to help you and lead you in the right direction."

She laughed at my comment. "You are too much, Sev." I turned back to my right and started to look at another rack, but her next words stopped me in my tracks. Words I never thought I would hear or ever wanted to hear, "Hey, isn't that your coach over there? Coach Taylor, right?"

Shit, shit, shit. Just my luck. Nothing could go my way. I could never have a weekend without any drama. Of course this far away mall that I never go to- Coach Taylor would be here the same time I was, shopping at the same store. Just my fucking luck.

She was definitely here too. I couldn't lie and say that it was someone else. She was located at the front of the store. Looking at a rack of jackets placed on a wall. And it wasn't like I could make a fast escape and hide from my doom. We would have to past her on our way out. I would have to past her. There was no getting out of this, knowing my mom and her friendly tendencies.