Chapter 3 - Memories

And so, Brendon performed Girls/Girls/Boys, featuring Dallon Weekes. Afterwards, they announced that both Panic! at the Disco and iDKHOW will tour together. The positive feedback from fans in the audience was overwhelmingly positive. It felt like one of the biggest standing ovations from them.

After the performance, the two singers and their tour managers scheduled to meet up the day after the festival to discuss plans right away before tour starts.

---

Dallon's phone vibrates beside him. He is still asleep and drained in exhaustion from the streak of performing for three days for a festival.

"Shit..." he mumbles to himself.

As his eyes open, adjusting to the bright light shining through the hotel blinds, he is confused why an unknown number would call at this hour.  

"Hello, this is Dallon Weekes..." he weakly speaks into the phone.

"Did you delete your old boss' number from your contact list..." the familiar voice chuckles.

He mutters, before realisation sets in "Oh... Brendon.... What's up....? W- why a call this early...?" he asks, unaware of the time.

"Well, good morning sleepy head. It's 1 pm... Did you forget we were supposed to meet up to discuss about tour?"

"What?!" Dallon yells, his eyes shooting wide open.

In search of a clock, sure enough he finds one on his bedside that reads '1:05'. Thirty minutes late with multiple missed notifications.

"I swear I don't usually sleep in this late... Last night's performance was just so intense..."

Dallon opens his own blinds. "Where is the location we're meeting up...?" 

"We're at a diner just outside the city. Do you know where you are exactly?"

Dallon looks out the window to sort his location. Luckily, he recognised the area from past tours he'd done at close by venues.

"Yeah, I think I know where you are. It's only a ten minute drive,"

"Awesome! We'll see you there,"

---

Dallon rushes into the diner and sees Brendon settled in a booth. He is wearing his classic, casual outfit consisting of black ripped jeans, a plain white t-shirt, and converse.

"Sorry about the wait... I forgot how busy the area is..." he catches his breath.

He sees that it is only him sitting. "Where's our tour managers...?"

"They left." Brendon laughs. "You took a long time to get here and they didn't think you were gonna show up,"

Dallon apologises and the two look over the menu to order as the waiter arrives.

"They did wanted to let us know that last night was one of the wildest performances ever. Our fanbases combined, everyone went all insane. It was just so crazy! The community was so passionate and they loved seeing us together," he exclaims, overly delighted.

"That's pretty surreal!" Dallon could not express how genuinely happy he is.

Brendon gives him the menu. "What are you gonna get?" 

"For starters.... a Dr. Pepper." Dallon gazes at the meals section. "I'll take... uh... Cream of broccoli soup with a BLT, please,"

"You're eating lunch at a diner. Diners is where waffles, pancakes, and pies are at and it's some Panera to you..." he playfully mocks. "I'd like some sweet blueberry pancakes with whipped cream..." he returns the menu to the waiter.

"The fact that you don't normally eat sugar and you've mentioned not performing back flips anymore... It's like you're a completely different person,"

"Hey, quarantine can change a person..."

"Yeah. You look less stressed, it's nice to see. Staying home did you well,"

"And I know the introverted part of you would've loved it. I remember you would always stay in your hotel room instead of race car driving with the rest of the band before," He looks out the window. "A lot has changed. I didn't go in public or perform much after the world decided to slowly return back to normal. But I have played a few times in small, local venues,"

Dallon's attention snaps back toward Brendon, shocked to hear.

"Bet ya didn't see that coming..." he smirks.

The two appreciate that they finally grew into becoming friends with more common interests than ever before. It's like a new friendship despite the years they were acquainted. They aren't as dissimilar as they once were.

"Do you still live in your apartment back in Utah with zero?" Brendon asks, referring to Dallon's dog.

He nods.

"Bogart would love Zero." he pauses. "By the way, coincidence we have the same dog breed...?" he pokes him with his fork.

"Shut up..." Dallon rolls his eyes.

"So the plan is my manager, Panic!'s tour manager, light, and sound director will stay in Utah for a few days. We can discuss plans on how your set for arenas would look like, schedules, all that shit..." 

"What about the rest of my band?"

"I thought Ryan was from Utah,"

"He is, but he moved to LA a few years ago. Making recording more of a hassle. We always make it work, however,"

Brendon realises Dallon is alone in his home-state.

"Oh. Well, we can still touch base and inform them through email..." 

"And then other than that, looks like we'll be the one's bugging you..."

"I look forward to it..." he says, sarcastically.

The two receive their breakfast and eat together. After finishing up, Brendon and Dallon bid each other farewell. The next time the singers meet is in Utah, a week from now.

"I think I know now..." Dallon pauses in realisation. "It's because of the drama. Our tour managers thought if we combined our fanbases then it would finally break the ice," he stares out at a distance.