-NOVEMBER. 3.-

Carmilla was on the quidditch team.

Honestly, she kind of just sat there in shock for a while once Ace had come running into the great hall with a wide smile on her face, and then the pink haired girl had skipped around for the rest of the day. Carmilla however, was in a sort of trance through her classes and meals, not really believing it.

Sure, Benny was never going to get on the team, but apparently girls weren't known to play quidditch much, so there was less of a chance of Aster letting her on, even if she was better than Canopus at the game.

Ace was one of the three chasers, the other two being fourth years named Chris and David. They were fast, but Ace was small.

And just better, really. 

The pair had run into one problem though. Well, Carmilla had a problem, and apparently through some friend code that she would have to add to her list, it meant Ace had a problem too.

Carmilla didn't have a broom.

Of course, she had her and Sirius's lucky broom she could borrow from the school, but against actual quidditch players and rich kids with daddy's money to spend on equipment, she was fucked.

June had said they could put their lolly smuggling business to good use, but the first game was in two weeks, and they would have to sell a shit load of Honeydukes to afford a broom, and then they would have to actually order a broom.

There was also the idea that she could make her own, but Carmilla knew that her spells weren't that reliable, even if June and Ace's lessons were paying off. Which they were. She wrote an entire essay a few days ago, which Ace obviously checked over and fixed up afterwards. 

These events led up to where Carmilla now found herself, standing in front of the first- and second-year girl's dorms with a bag full of Honeydukes sweets, and Ace.

They glanced at each other before Carmilla opened the door cautiously.

"Greetings children!"

Five eleven-year-old girls looked up from the assortment of things they were doing, visible confusion on their zitty faces. Carmilla was glad she skipped the pimple stage at Hogwarts. She had actually skipped it all together. Her body just didn't do things like that.

One of the girls, Carmilla named her 'blonde', which she felt was a very accurate description, walked up to them bravely.

"Can we help you?" She asked with one eyebrow raised. Ace turned to Carmilla with a smile, hand balling the actual conversation part of the conversation over. This was not in the friend code. 

"...We want your money."

Blonde squinted her eyes at them thoughtfully, her lips pinching together as she assessed the teenage girls demanding her money.

She turned to her group of friends and did the thing that all girls seem to be born with, a communication skill through eyes and head shakes and then a lot of eye rolls that they all inherited at birth. 

"Is this a robbery, or are you selling us something?" a short girl asked them curiously, getting up from where she was reading a magazine advertising butterbeer flavoured ChapSticks.

"Oh yeah... We're selling lollies. Because you little twerps can't get to Hogsmeade. We have a bag full of them!" Ace pointed at the bulging bag on Carmilla's shoulder happily.