Day 1, Goal: Survive all embarrassment

There were about fifteen minutes left until the train reached Kings Cross Station and Albus had spent the past hour searching the compartments of the train. He'd peered in every window, opened every door and he still couldn't find the compartment filled with four girls and their books.

 There has to be one I missed. Albus thought, starting again at the front of the train. His heart was starting to beat extremely fast and his stomach was swelling. What if he couldn't find her? He was supposed to spend the summer with his girlfriend of two years and he couldn't find her on the train. His nervousness swelled when thoughts ran through his mind. Had she not gotten on the train? Had she missed it? No. Albus thought. She couldn't have missed it. I saw her before I got on. She was with her friends.

Albus could feel the time draining away as he continued to search the compartments. It took a large group of his friends and family to convince him to stop.

"We'll look for her on the platform. She has nowhere else to go, we'll find her." His cousin Rose assured him, gripping his shoulders tightly. Albus nodded and agreed to sit.

It hadn't been five minutes before the train lurched to a stop. Albus ran out to greet his parents. There were hugs and kisses and a sea of questions from a sea of relatives. He had forgotten of the nervous bugs of worry in his stomach, but the feeling didn't last long.

"So where's this stunning girlfriend of yours?" Albus's dad asked, giving him a friendly clamp on the shoulder.

Albus sank. "I. . . I don't know. I kinda lost her on the train." Albus said, embarrassed and flushed.

"The poor girl!" His mother said. "She must be so worried! We'll have to find her before she wanders off and gets herself hurt."

The massive sea of relatives all came to a mutual agreement and they all began searching the station. It took them a moment before thinking of asking Albus for her name and description. Albus gladly gave it to them.

"Her name's Kara. She has curly brown hair that reaches her shoulders. She has the prettiest brown eyes, you can't miss her." Albus found himself daydreaming, imagining his girlfriend.

His uncle teased him for a moment before returning to the search. It took them about fifteen minutes in the sea of students and parents before Albus heard his beloved aunt scream across the station.

"Albus! I've found her!"

Albus felt his heart leap and he ran to the waving hand of his Aunt Hermione. His aunt's mound of frizzy brown hair was hard to miss. He found Kara standing next to his aunt, blushing and struggling to hold up the four brooms she held under her arm. Her trolley had more trunks than Albus could count, not that her cared much for counting at the moment. Albus ran into Kara, hugging her tightly.

"Don't scare me like that!" Albus yelled when he'd finished their hug. His other relatives starting grouping around the couple.

"S-Sorry." Kara said, blushing and glancing at Albus's hands on her shoulders. "I got lost . . . my friends kinda overwhelmed me."