15: Veronica

Not edited:

It has been a week and Georgie has finally been ungrounded! My parents were back in town and so my siblings were in the house too, so what do I do with my Friday night? I go on a date with Georgie to 'Chi-chi's' I regret nothing.

"This is nice" I said as I looked around the restaurant. We had been seated next to a window and the table we had was for two people and had a pretty candle in the center of it. I was wearing a black dress while he was wearing a white button down with jeans.

"I like to think of 'Chi-chi's' as more of a romantic Taco Bell" Georgie said and I smiled, picking up my menu and reading what I could get.

"So, what do you like to get here?" I asked. Surprisingly we had never been here before together, I have only come with February once when my parents forced us to spend time together and another time with January for my fourteenth birthday.

"What? Oh, uh, it- it doesn't matter" Georgie said quickly. "It all tastes the same"

"Hi" the waitress said "Welcome to- Oh, hey Georgie"

Wait, I know that voice. I looked up to see Veronica.

"Oh. Hey Georgie" she said.

"Uh, hi. I didn't know you worked here" Georgie said, looking from me to her while I sat there incredibly awkward.

"Well, haven't seen you in a while" Veronica said.

"Oh, uh, you know May from school?" Georgie said.

"Yea, yea, of course" she said and turned to face me with a kind smile "Hi"

"Hello" I said quietly with a face smile.

"So, can I get y'all started with some drinks?" Veronica asked.

"I'm good with water" I said.

"Water sounds great. Refreshing" Georgie said.

"Hm, very" I agreed, picking up my menu and hiding behind it.

I hate everything about this moment.

The dinner wasn't great after that. We were silent and didn't talk once, just looked anywhere but each other. But when we got in the car I started talking.

"-So, you're telling me that you have no feelings for her at all" I asked, not believing him at all.

"I wasn't at the restaurant with her, I was there with you" he said.

"That doesn't answer my question!" I said.

"I was hoping you wouldn't pick up on that" he said and I gave him a quick glare before crossing my arms over my chest and shaking my head.

"So, what? Did you take me there on purpose?" I asked, glaring at him again.

"Hold on a second. Is this one of those fights where we end up making out in the back seat?" Georgie asked and to be honest, I was tempted to hit him with my bag which I had left in the car.

"No!" I yelled.

"That's too bad"

"You- I don't even want to continue that sentence because its obvious that you're not going to answer any of my questions or take anything seriously" I said and looked out the window, trying to calculate how long of a car ride we had till I could slam the door in his face and complain to Milly and Lacey of how stupid my boyfriend is.

The next day at school I didn't go to my locker where I meet Georgie every day. Instead I kept my bag on my back and leaned against Milly's locker while talking to her and Lacey.