02; paintings

"Come on, quick!" Grace sang, her ponytail bouncing with the wind. She stood on her tiptoes as she shook the wood gate keeping her from her promise land.

"Give me a lift." She whispered eagerly. He set the coffees down and put one knee on the damp sidewalk. His hands knit together as she stepped onto it, but it didn't hurt him because of how dainty she was.

She grunted before hopping over, the sound of wood banging and leaves ruffling was heard before the gate opened, revealing the smile on her face. Harry felt his smile grow at the site of her.

She gently grabbed his hand and tugged him along. Leaves were falling and sticking to their shoes. Browns, greens, reds, yellows were blended into what seemed like a giant puddle. The yellows were so bright they often had to squint or blink a lot. The crisp sound of leaves crunching sounded like a beautiful melody. Tree branches swayed with the force of the wind. The sky looked like something a kid would paint, grays and blues hugged as the clouds left the sky. The air was so cold and sharp it felt as if it was cutting their noses every time they inhaled.

Grace didn't need to show Harry where the bench was, it was the center of the art. A dark oak bench sat in the middle of it all, branches were tied together to look like a queen's collar. It was a few feet away from a pond decorated with leaves. The wind made the water sway, creating a song with the crunch of the leaves and the rustle of the branches.

"Wow." Harry muttered before sipping on his coffee. It was still hot, much to his amusement. He closed his eyes and breathed in a huge amount of air. "Wow." Grace repeated.

"It was my favorite place. I guess I just wasn't ready to share it, y'know?" Grace's voice was so delicate, as if she was trying not to hurt his feelings.

"I wouldn't want to share it either." Harry reassured her. They sat down on the bench and she rested her head on on his shoulder. "You know, you're probably the most special person I know." The words she just spoke sounded like a love song to him.

"You're the most special person I know." He spoke matter-of-factly.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"He would take me here when I was throwing a fit, said he would read to me if I settled down." She emitted a chuckle as she buried her head further into his neck. She slightly shifted her body so she link her arm with Harrys, intertwining them further. The way they held each other would indicate they were somehow romantically involved and sometimes she looked at the green eyed boy and wished they were.

To say she didn't know how she felt about Harry was an understatement. She would go from wanting to do nothing but kiss him to feeling that would be exactly like kissing her brother. He was amazing in every sense of the word. He was crazy and confident and someone she could trust but the fear of ruining a more than perfect friendship was too much.

Harry on the other hand wanted to kiss her every second of every hour of every day. No questions asked. It wasn't an obsession kind of love he had for her. They've known each other since they were 8, and Harry was the new kid with the weird accent. Grace was the only one who would talk to him, everyone was afraid he was some sort of mutant. He only recently started developing feelings for her. He had always noticed how she has two left feet, how she rolls her eyes at herself when she says something dumb or how she highlights her favorite sentences in her books.

He only recently fell in love with all of that.