Chapter 2

The next day, Happy woke up to something tapping his shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes and saw the dragon was sitting next to him. The dragon nudged him gently which woke him up properly. Happy stretched and said good morning to the dragon. The dragon chirped in reply. Happy yawned and said, "Good morning, bud. How are you feeling?" The dragon answered by making sounds of happiness. Happy chuckled lightly before responding, "You seem better than yesterday, that's for sure!" The dragon purred in response causing Happy to giggle. Happy looked at the dragon. "So, would you like some breakfast?" The dragon made noises telling Happy yes. The dragon ran outside the cave to hunt. It found four bunnies in the bushes. The dragon growled and charged at them. It managed to catch three of the bunnies. The dragon brought the three bunnies into the cave and set them on the floor in front of it. Happy looked at the three bunnies curiously but also curiously looked at the dragon who seemed to be proud of itself. Happy chuckled slightly. "Well done, bud! They will probably taste good. And you caught three of them, too!" The dragon made excited noises and jumped up in excitement. It looked towards Happy and purred loudly. Happy grabbed a bunny and put it in the fire. When the rabbit started to cook, Happy said, "That should cook fast enough. I will make some toast in the meantime!" The dragon made excited noises and proceeded to grab a rabbit for itself. The dragon ate its rabbit very quickly and looked towards Happy, waiting for it's toast. Happy laughed lightly. When the toast and the rabbit was done cooking, Happy gave him and the dragon a piece of toast. Then, Happy grabbed the cooked rabbit carefully and bit into it. The dragon then ate up it's toast quickly. Soon, the dragon finished eating its toast. Happy continued eating his food until he was finished. Then, Happy told the dragon, "Now that we're both done eating, I have a question..." The dragon tilted its head in confusion. "Are you gonna be able to talk? Or just squeak?" The dragon made noises of confusion again and shook its head no. This caused Happy to sigh and say, "I guess not then..." The dragon made sad noises and whined softly. Happy then stood up and patted the dragon on the head, saying, "Don't worry bud, I'll figure something out eventually!" The dragon cheered up and purred. Then, the dragon walked outside of the cave. Happy proceeded to follow the dragon outside. The dragon stopped as it looked like it was in pain. It started whining loudly and scratching on the ground. Happy rushed over and tried to comfort the dragon. The dragon turned over and growled loudly in pain. Happy stepped back and looked at the dragon in concern. The dragon started to transform as it continued turning around on the ground and cried in pain. Happy was worried about the dragon's health. Finally, the dragon changed to it's human form and panted heavily. It said, "Null hurt... Sad Null..." Happy placed a comforting hand on top of the dragon, or Null's head. Happy then asked, "Are you okay...? What happened to you?" Null sniffled and then cried out, "Sad Null! No... Bad!" Happy frowned sadly and said, "Null don't cry! It's not your fault! I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you!" Null sniffled again and murmured, "Sad Null..." Happy smiled kindly at the dragon. He then said, "I will protect you. So stop crying... It'll be better...!" Null calmed down and looked at Happy with big teary eyes. A smile grew on Null's face before saying, "Promise? No hurt Null? Please..." Happy smiled at Null and said, "I promise I will keep you safe. Don't worry." Null seemed to relax at this answer. Null said, "No hurt Null. Glad..." Happy smiled at Null softly.