Chapter 3

Happy thought why this happened to the dragon. Why did it transform into this human-like creature? He decided to ask Null, "Why did you suddenly change into this form...?" Null looked down and whimpered quietly. Happy said, "Null... Don't worry. Nothing is going to hurt you. If there's ever anyone who is mean to you or hurts you, come to me. Okay?" Null looked up at Happy and nodded. Null then said, "Null glad. No hurt Null!" Happy smiled warmly. "Thanks Null. Let's go back inside the cave, huh?" Null nodded in agreement. The two of them walked inside the cave. Happy and Null sat next to each other on the ground. Happy then proceeded to tell Null, "Look, I'm on my break and I have to go to school soon... Do you wanna come with me when I go?" Null whimpered and responded, "Null no want Happy leave..." Happy looked at Null with sympathy and sighed. He said, "I know Null, but I need to go soon..." Null cried, "Bad! Bad Happy leave Null!" He started tearing up again and growling. Happy felt upset watching Null cry. He wanted to help Null, but how can he do that without upsetting Null more? There must be something he could do, he thought. Then it hit him. He knew what he should do! "Null, what if I let you come with me during my school days?" Null stopped his crying and looked at Happy in confusion. "Really? No bad Happy..." Happy smiled and said, "Of course Null, why wouldn't I? I think that would be fun. But only if we agree." Null nodded enthusiastically. "Good! I'm going back home at night so if you want to go, we can go!" Null looked confused and said, "Null not understand." Happy smiled at Null and explained what a home was. After the explanation, Null asked, "Like cave... Home?" Happy nodded and replied, "Exactly. That's where you live." Null's expression became curious. "But Null not want leave cave..." Happy smiled and replied, "I know that you don't want to leave, Null. We can find a way to go here often." Null looked happy that he can stay in his cave. Later in the day, after they are their lunch, it became dark. It was time for Happy to go home. Happy walked out the cave but stopped when Null ran towards him and yelled, "NO LEAVE NULL! BAD! BAD HAPPY LEAVE!" Happy froze for a second before saying firmly to Null, "Null, I will never leave you. You have to trust me. Just follow me..." Slowly, it seems like Null was starting to believe what Happy had been saying. Eventually, Null started following Happy. Soon, they arrived at Happy's house. Null pressed the doorbell repeatedly and started whining. Happy's Dad answered the door. He stared at Null confusedly. He said, "Son, is this your new friend...?" Happy smiled and replied, "Yeah Dad, this is Null, my friend. Null, this is my Dad." Happy's Dad then said, "Well come on inside son, you must be tired from staying at that camp all day." Happy and Null entered the house. Null looked in surprise. "Wow! Null like home!" His tail started waving happily. Happy smiled and told Null to follow him upstairs. Null followed along happily. They went to the guest room and told Null he would sleep there. Null then yelled, "NO! NO! Null no want bed! Want sleep in cave! WANT CAVE!!" Null growled and started breaking things while turning into his dragon form. "Null, calm down! We can't have a fight now!" Happy yelled at Null. However, Null didn't listen and continued smashing things. Null transformed into his dragon form and roared loudly. Happy got scared by the anger of his friend and said, "Null please calm down! I don't want us fighting right now!" Null ignored Happy and broke more things. He kept roaring loudly. Happy looked helplessly at his best friend, who was still destroying everything in sight. A few minutes later, Happy's Dad went upstairs to check what all the ruckus was about. He saw his son standing by his side looking at Null with fear written all over his face. He then called his son and said sternly to Null, "Stop whatever you are doing. Go outside. Now!" The dragon charged at Happy's Dad angrily and roared loudly. Happy looked at Null desperately but then noticed how much damage Null has already created. Null bit the arm of Happy's father, causing his arm to start bleeding. Happy looked at Null with shock and disbelief on his face. Happy shouted, "Null! Null! Come on! Calm down! STOP IT ALREADY!" The dragon stopped immediately upon hearing those words. Then, Null charged at the window and flew away. Happy realized what he did and started to run out of the house in panic. He tried finding Null but he couldn't see any signs of the dragon anywhere. He then looked around. When Happy didn't find any sign of Null, he felt tears running down his face. Happy ran to the forest and tried looking for Null there. As he walked past the clearing, Happy heard loud growling noises nearby. Happy went towards the noise and saw Null in the cave. It was scratching the ground and growling angrily. Happy slowly approached the cave and whispered softly, "Calm down, okay? We can solve this... Together. We can find a solution..." Null perked up slightly when it sensed Happy's presence. It snarled at Happy angrily. Happy said, "I'm sorry for what I've done earlier today... I didn't mean to upset you... Please... Calm down... I just want to talk..." The dragon stopped its growls and looked at Happy sadly. Happy continued, "You can stay in the cave as I ran away... I will try to find you a solution... Okay? You can stay in the cave as long as you need..." Null whimpered sadly. Happy started walking in the cave carefully. He sat down next to Null and gently patted Null on the head.