5.

"Joel! Hurry down here!" The group runs towards the doors, Quinn now bleeding from her arm after she stood in front of Vivian before Vivian could get shot.

Joel and Marlene push open the doors and Marlene falls to her knees, Joel rushing over to help.

"Get the fuck away from her!" A girl shouts, trying to swing a switchblade at Joel.

"Easy." Tess warns the girl, Grabbing her arm. She pulls her arm away and goes over to Marlene.

"Holy shit..what happened?"

"Don't worry this is fixable. I got us help." Marlene glances over at Quinn, her eyes resting on the Firefly necklace around her neck. Quinn tucks it into her shirt and turns away, putting pressure on her bleeding arm.

"But I can't come with you.." She says with a sigh.

"Then I'm not going." The girl says sternly.

"Ellie, we won't have another shot at this.." Joel steps forward, letting go of Parker's hand.

"Hey, We're smuggling her?"

"There's a few of Fireflies that'll meet you at the Capitol building."

"That's not exactly close." Tess chimes in, Giving Quinn some spare bandages to wrap around her arm.

"You're capable. You hand her off, come back, and the weapons are yours. Double what Robert sold me."

"Speaking of which-where are they." Tess says, Quinn noticing the suppressed stern tone to her voice.

"Back at our camp." Joel gives Tess a look and she nods.

"We're not smuggling shit until I see them."

"You'll follow me," Marlene sighs, "You can verify the weapons, I can get patched up. But she's not crossing into that part of town. I want Joel to watch over her."

"Whoa whoa I don't think that's the best idea-" Joel starts, "Bullshit I'm not going with him!" Ellie interrupts.

Ellie glances at Quinn and sees the Firefly necklace. "How do you know them..?" She asks Marlene, taking a step towards her.

"I was close with his brother, Tommy. Said if I was ever in a jam I could rely on him."

"Was that before or after he left your little militia group?" Joel adds in, turning slightly away from Marlene and Ellie.

"He left you too. He was a good man."

"Look, just take her to the north tunnel and wait for me there." Tess mumbles, stepping towards Joel.

"Jesus Christ."

"She's just cargo, Joel."

Quinn walks over to Marlene, Glancing at Ellie.

"Have you told Joel yet?" She asks softly, smiling at Quinn.

"No..only Vivian knows..you think he'll be pissed when he finds out?"

"I mean probably, you're his kid and you hid the fact you were a Firefly from him. I can imagine he'd be a little pissed."

"Yeah.."

"Don't take long." Joel says to Tess. "And you, stay close." Vivian stays with Parker, Tess, and Marlene and Quinn gives Marlene one last look before following Joel out of a doorway.

"Woah I heard all the shooting but..what happened?" Ellie asks softly, running to catch up with Quinn and Joel, Quinn secretly handing her a knife behind Joel's back.

"The Fireflies." Joel sighs, "Same things gonna happen to us if we don't get off the street."

"You're the pro. Just following you."

"Attention. Harboring or aiding wanted criminals is punishable by death. Do not place yourself at risk. Report any suspicious activity immediately." Someone says over an intercom as a car rolls by. Joel leads them quietly down some steps.

The three of them crouch walk across the sidewalk as a large tank drives by. Joel leads them into an area between buildings and pulls a large trash can out of a garage. Quinn runs over and helps him move it over to the ledge. They all climb up and walk up the fire escape and into the building.

"This tunnel..You use it to smuggle things?" Ellie asks as they walk through a long hallway.

"Yup." Joel answers, Quinn noticing his stern tone and wondering why.

"Like illegal things?"

"Sometimes.."

"You ever smuggled a kid before?"

"No. That's a first. What's the deal with you and Marlene anyways?"

"Well she's my friend I guess.."

"Your friend huh? You're friends with the leader of the Fireflies. What are you, like fourteen?" Quinn laughs softly at Joel's comment as they walk across an enclosed bridge connecting two buildings.

"She knew my mom. and she's been looking after me- and I'm eighteen, not that has anything to do with anything."

"So where are your parents?"

"They've been gone a long long time."

"So instead of staying in school you've gone off and joined the Fireflies?"

"I'm not going to tell you why you're smuggling me if that's what you're getting at."

"You want to know the best thing about my job? I don't gotta know why. To be honest with you, I could give two shits what you're up to." He says, leading them towards a doorway.

"Well great!"

"Good." Joel opens the door and walks in. "This is it." He walks over and lays down on a couch.

"What're you doing?"

"Killing time." He closes his eyes.

"Well what am I supposed to do?"

"I'm sure you'll figure that out."