-Wishing Trees & Shadows-

===============================================================================

"What do you mean you're leaving school!?" Exclaimed Agatha in a fit of disbelief.

"My dad is pulling me out of school and is going to make me get a job at the mill to bring more money into the house," Sophie responds exasperatedly.

"But that's not fair on you!"

"I know, I'm meant to be a princess, not some mill worker! Aggie, I think it's high time that I leave this godforsaken town."

Sophie had gathered me and Agatha to tell us that she was being forced to work by her dad. 'she's being pulled out of education and that's what she's thinking of? Wow'. "But Sophie you are my only friend, what about everyone else I'll die without you. They might try to burn me at the stake!"

"Don't worry Aggie you still have (Y/N) to protect you."Sophie reasons.

"Yeah, you have me, Agatha, don't worry."

"See?"

"Woah! That doesn't mean I agree with you. As much as you despise your family Sophie they are still your family, you can't just leave them."

"Why not I bet they wouldn't even care if I left."

"Oh come on Sophie I'm sure they would, and besides even if they didn't( which they would) me and Agatha would care if you left us," I give her a warm smile."You mean a lot to both of us, Sophie. please don't leave us."

"Yeah, I'll even call you princess Sophie of Gavaldon, just please don't leave."

"Fine, I promise."

When we parted ways, I had that same feeling that I was being watched. It was unsettling so I opted for getting home as soon as possible.

================================================================================

Little did you know that Sophie instead had other plans. plans that included breaking the promise that she made to both of us. Sophie was walking through the woodland with her usual handmade dress on. Sat on top of her head laid a woven crown made of willow sticks. on her way down the path, she saw a few squirrels and crouch down to talk to them."Hello, my little squirrel friends." Unfortunately, as she did this a carriage passed behind her, splattering her with dirt." oh ugh!" she exclaimed, feeling worse by the second.

At last, she reaches her destination: the wishing tree. the very same one she and Agatha had carved their names into the day they met. Upon arrival, Sophie's eyes travelled to the little piece of paper lodged in the tree. She walks over and grabs it.' It didn't work. So much for a wishing tree', She thought to herself disappointed that her wish didn't come true.' Oh well. It doesn't matter anyway I'm leaving soon.' She sighs," I'm sorry Aggie, but I can't live like this anymore! I'm sure (Y/N) will take care of you for me." She glances at the paper before ripping it in half and discarding the remains. Then Sophie takes the crown off her head and hangs it on one of the branches of the wishing tree.

================================================================================

The sun had set for Gavaldon and the town was getting ready to rest. I was still experiencing the unnerving sensation.' This can't be a coincidence anymore it's been going on for too long!'

Not wanting to think about the matter any further, I tucked myself into bed thinking about the events of today.' Is Sophie going to stay I mean she didn't seem all that sincere when she had promised us.' Thousands of questions raced a million miles per second till it all came to a halt when I heard soft tapping at my bedroom window. I slowly got out of bed and grabbed my baseball bat, then started stalking towards the window of my bedroom. I start to open my window and steadied my bat to swing; only to find Agatha outside." What are you doing here aren't you supposed to be in bed? Like everyone else."

" I have a bad feeling that Sophie is going to try and leave anyway."

" Strange I had that feeling too," I walk away from the window and get my coat." Well, let's go." With that, I got up and climbed out of my window to join Agatha.

We started our investigation down the dirt path where I met them, and our suspicions reigned true as we turn the corner to find Sophie standing there plain as day.

Agatha ran to her and whisper-yelled," You were planning on leaving anyway! Sophie-"

"Shhh, Aggie I'm sorry-"

"Hey, guys-"

" you promised me-"

" I know-"

"Guys-"

"Then how could you try to leave-"

"You know I'm not meant for this life, Aggie-"

"GUYS!" They turn their heads to face me," Somethings here." I prepare my stance baseball bat at the ready, I look at the surroundings.' Everything always looks scarier at night.' I shook my head free from those thoughts and mentally prepared myself for what was going to happen.

Their heads snapped towards me and noticed the shadowy figures lurking behind the shrubbery. I stand my ground; my gaze unwavering under the intense glare coming from its glowering red eyes. "Well?" I brace myself to attempt at fighting this unearthly creature infront of me. 'ok (Y/N) just stay calm, you got this....aw who am I kidding, its made of shadows how am i supposed to fight it with a baseball bat'. The thing  crept closer. ' Keep your resolve (Y/N) come on your better than this. Don't let it know you're scared'

"hey we have to get out of here." Agatha says,

"I second that."

"No," Sophie starts,"no this is what i wished for."

"you what-" Suddenly the creature jumps out at us grabbing me and Sophie leaving Agatha behind...

  ================================================================================

A/N

Haha, cliffhanger (:  Hope you're enjoying my story and do tell me if there are any mistakes I would love to know so I can correct them.

<3