|19|

Waleed's POV

*One Month Later*

"Mama, is everything ready?" I ask mum as I look at her.

"The catering company prepared everything and ready to go. Everything is prepared and ready, Waleed. What is left is taking you and Dalia there." She chuckles as she smooths her dress down.

"I love how everything is a surprise for her besides the fact knowing the wedding is today." I secure my bowtie and give myself a smile of approval.

"I can't wait till you see Dalia's dress on her, it is magical."

"Pfft, look what you're waiting for. If only you knew what I was waiting for." I snort out and my mum slaps my arm.

"Decency young man."

"Since the winter break started and it hasn't snowed yet, I mean it is chilly, but we gave everyone a dress code to dress warm. I can't to see how the beach shore I rented was designed."

"We won't be able to stay for long outdoors, we're going to need to head to ballroom near the beach afterwards." Mum explains, briefly.

"Everything would be prepared there, I want to be with Dalia for as long as possible." I look at mum with a serious face.

"You will have her for the rest of the night and the month. I know that head of yours has things planned." She nudges me and leaves my room.

After a few minutes, my dad comes into my room and closes the door behind him.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask my dad casually.

"Waleed Adrianno Valastro, is finally getting married. I am proud of you." My dad says.

"Don't say it like that." I cringe.

"I'm proud of you because you married for love and not for you parents or the pressure from society." He says as he places a hand on my shoulder.

I give him a smile.

"How could I marry someone I am going to be with them forever and not love them? That would be fu- I mean messed up."

"Your brother did marry because of us and the other brother of yours married because of society, they aren't too happy with their marriages but nonetheless, they don't want a divorce either. But, I just wanted to let you know that I am proud of you. For standing your ground and getting what you want."

"As your young son, I feel honoured to hear such words." I let out a chuckle and check the time.

"We need to go get Dalia." I tell him.

He nods his head and leads the way.

My dad is the driver and my mum rides as a passenger.

My leg bounces up and down as I sit in the back seat, waiting to reach Dalia's house. My nerves are up the roof, I crack my knuckles over and over again, until my mother turns to me.

"What's wrong?"

"What if she backs out last minute?" I quickly say.

"That girl is crazy about you just as you are crazy about her. So stop worrying." My mum slaps my knee and turns back to my dad.

I close my eyes and lean my head back until we arrive at her house. I jump out of the car as soon as it stops, ringing the doorbell. I make sure to hold the white bouquet of roses in my hand tightly.

The door opens revealing Dalia's eyes.

Doe eyed like that always were, they grew bigger with the black mascara and white eyeliner. Her cheeks flushed from both the heat and the blusher. Her lips tinted with matt natural pink.