five -edited-

Hearing a knock on her door and Leah telling her to let her in, Brianna stands, walking out of her closet and letting her in. As soon as Leah crosses the threshold and shuts the door, Brianna wraps her arms around her, sobs threatening to leave her throat. Leah sighs, holding her to her. "What happened?" "I slept with him." Brianna whispers, tears streaming down her face. "Okay. I need to know what happened. Why is this making you cry?" Brianna immediately tells her whats happened, going into every detail, every soft word spoken by Charlie that was quickly taken back when Bella came home, tears choking her up.

Leah's shoulders shake as she glares at the wall. "So... Let me get this straight... He slept with you then decided you weren't good for him? He couldn't have realized that before he took your virginity?" She angrily questions. Bill, listening from the other side, growls, storming down the stairs. He throws the front door open to leave just as Charlie raises his fist to knock. "You've got some nerve coming here after what you did to my daughter." Bill snarls, glaring at him. "She didn't deserve what I did to her at all. Will you just tell her I'm sorry?" "Damn right she didn't deserve it. You use my little girl and then drop her because your daughter makes one snippy remark. I'm not telling her shit. You made your bed, now lie in it." Bill hisses, slamming the door in his face.

Charlie sighs, starting back to his cruiser. He looks up at the house, staring at her bedroom window when he sees the curtains flutter shut. Leah pulls Brianna away from the window and to the bed. "Don't let it get to you. I'm gonna go talk to your dad, make sure he doesn't kill Charlie." She kisses her forehead, sighing as she walks out. Brianna curls up into a ball, her arms wrapped tightly around her knees. A little bit later, Leah comes back up, two mugs in her hands, both overflowing with whipped cream and marshmallows. "What's this?" Brianna asks as she sits up, taking the warm mug. "This is hot chocolate. My mom always makes it for me when I feel down." Leah answers with a goofy grin. Brianna leans up, kissing Leah's cheek.

"I love you, Lee." "I love you too, Anna." Bri laughs at hearing the nickname, only Leah calls her Anna. While drinking their hot chocolate, they're curled together, some random rom-com playing on her tv. After Leah finishes her drink, she sets the mug on Brianna's nightstand before curling into the girl's side, her head on her chest and her arms around her waist. Brianna sighs, running her fingers through Leah's hair. She changes the tv station when the movie starts to get sappy. The next morning, Brianna wakes up to her phone ringing, both her and Leah groaning at the noise. Without checking, she answers. "What?" "Brianna." Charlie breathes, having not expected her to answer. "What do you want?" She snaps. "Bella's been hurt." He says sullenly.

"Do you want to come with me to see her?" "Honestly, no." She answers, he sighs. "What happened to never not wanting me, Charlie? What happened to that guy?" "I never said I didn't want you. I just said we weren't good for each other." He sighs again. "You never gave us a chance to be good for each other. You got what you wanted and decided Bella was right. Now you get to deal with that." She hisses, pulling her phone down and hanging up as her eyes flood with tears. Leah hears Brianna sniffle and quickly sits up. "Hey, everything okay?" "He called me." She says softly. "What'd he say?" "He asked if I wanted to go see Bella with him. Apparently she got hurt. You heard the rest."

"He's such an asshole." Leah snaps, glaring at the phone in Brianna's hand. Leah wipes Brianna's face carefully, kissing her forehead. "Don't even think about him. Just lie with me." She pulls her down, wrapping her arms around her and kissing her head. Brianna sighs, curling into Leah, closing her eyes just as her door opens. "Bella's been hurt. I think you should go see her." Bill says, leaning on the doorway. "She's in Phoenix." Brianna states. "Take Leah. You need to tell her what happened with her dad, even if she did cause some of it." "Her dad is an ass." Leah deadpans. "I know. But maybe she was just upset. Talk to her." He says. She huffs, groaning.