2 | curiosity

killed the psychic

Saiki's POV

       Just when I was getting tired of hearing Nendou and Kaidou's argument, a new voice enters the classroom. I don't look up, there's no need to really. Anything I might need to know about a person is given to me upfront, whether I like it or not. Her thoughts got louder as she chose the seat next to mine. I wasn't sure whether that would be a decision I'd come to thank or despise. I continued passively listening.

       "That guy Hairo was really nice. If he's class rep I can't imagine the people here are bad. I just need to find a nice group of people and slip into the background. What I always do, this time I just can't tell anyone."

       ...Tell anyone what?

       As of now, I wished someone else took my neighboring desk. Of course it couldn't just be a normal girl, why would someone like that sit in my vicinity? Though this big secret does pique my interest a little, it's not out of curiosity. If her plan is to slip into the background I imagine it can't be good. And considering our record of wacky transfer students, it'd likely benefit me to figure her out and plan accordingly.

       "Hey, that girl took my desk!" Nendou says oafishly, pointing at the girl. You couldn't tell from the outside but underneath the facade, her thoughts quickly became a jumbled mess. She turns around looking slightly horrified.

       That's a valid reaction.

       "Nen- You can't just say things like that it's rude! Besides your the one who didnt put your bag on it!" Kaidou rebuts and attempts to pull Nendou's arm down himself, as it was still pointing right at her. It looks like she's about to speak.

      "I am so sorry, I didn't know that the seat was taken. If you want it I really dont mind-" The girl starts.

       "Don't make her move!-" Kaidou yells, then turns to the girl.

       "I'm sorry about him. He doesn't mean harm he's just an idiot. He can find a new seat." Kaidou bows, glaring over at Nendou. I continue to stay out of the conversation, gaze glued to the front of the classroom.

       "Seriously, I don't mind." She laughed nervously, more confused now than anything.

       "It's fine, I can just sit behind my buddy." Nendou says, setting his bag on the desk directly behind me.

  I'd move desks if I didn't think he'd follow me.

        "People don't usually transfer their last year, what brings you to PK?" Kaidou asks the girl.

       "Well usually the transfers go to a bigger high school in the town over, but they were full this semester. I'm pretty happy about it though since this school is in walking distance." She says, rotating her chair to see them better. Kaidou leans back on his desk as Kuboyasu walks in, claiming his desk behind the two at the back of the classroom.

       "Why is the guy next to me so annoyed? Are we talking too loud?"  The girl's thoughts interrupt.

       ...Annoyed? She couldn't possibly know that from looking at me. I need to keep a close eye on her, I can't put anything past these transfers.