Spectular Bid

Spectacular Bid was born on February 17th 1976, owned by Hawks worth farm his racing colors we're blue and black cross sashes, blue bars on black sleeves, black cap. He was trained by Bud Delp. His record time was 30: 2 - 1. His damn was Spectacular, and his Sire was Promised land. His sex was a stallion. His major wins we're the Champaign Stakes (1978), Laurel Futurity, Young America Stakes, Hutcheson Stakes (1979), Fountain of Youth Stakes (1979), the Flamingo Stakes, the Florida Derby, Blue Grass Stakes, the Marlboro Cup, the Strub Series (1980), the San Fernando Stakes, the San Anita Handicap, Mervyn Leroy Handicap, the California Stakes, Washington Park Handicap, the Amory L. Haskell Handicap, the Woodward stakes, and finally the Kentucky Derby and Preakness stakes. He was awarded the champion 2 year old colt prize, and the American Champion 3 year old colt prize. He ended up getting horse of the year as well, he was in the United States hall of fame for his spectacular victory's. Spectacular bid was born in Lexington Kentucky, his appearance was a "Flee bitten gray." By the end of his career he made a total of 2,781, 608$. Following his last race Spectacular Bid was Syndicated for a record 22,000,000$. His Stud fee was 150,000$. He was eventually sold and moved to Milfer Farms in New York. Continuing to attract visitors and admirers. He sired over 253 winners, with 47 notable Stakes winners. His most famous foal was Bite the Bullet (19 starts of 19 wins) and Spectacular Love. Spectacular bid unfortunately lost his life do to a heart attack on June 9th, 2003, at the time of his death he was the oldest living Derby winner and Preakness winner.

Spectacular Bid at Claiborne Farms

Spectacular Bid racing.