The Hedgehog, the Ghost, and the Mirror

Sonic dashed up the stairs to Tails' place, Vanilla and Amy just a little behind him.
"Right, I'm here buddy," he greeted his brother, "What's up?"?
"Come up to the loft. You'll.. see what's wrong.." he turned back to the ladders, and Sonic could hear the fear in is voice.
"Oh chaos, what's up there now?"' He expected the worst going up, and his eyes immediately laid on the mirror.

The mirror, in question, had been in Sonic's room, but he kept on seeing a face in it. So, he moved it to the loft.
Well.
The face was back, staring out at them.
"Oh my," Vanilla whispered, staring into the ghost's eyes.

"I've figured out what it is," Tails' voice came out shaky, "the ghost is trapped in there, it's a prison. I don't know what to do, the police will think that I'm crazy if I call them."
"This guy again?" Sonic laughed a little, walking over to the mirror, "I'm sick of seeing his face to be honest," he was about the put his hand on the mirror, the ghost smiling.

"Wait, Sonic stop!" Tails realized what the spirit was going to do, but too late. Sonic's eyes flashed white, and he turned sharply back round to the two.
"Ha! Finally, after all these years, I'm free!" He separated his spirit from the body, blasting through the window.
"Later!"

Turning back to 'Sonic' in shock, they found his body limp on the floor, lifeless.
"Ah!" Tails along with Vanilla rushed over, the rabbit picking the blue up.
"Well, if that ghost stole Sonic's spirit, and there's nothing in here now, then where's Sonic?" Tails questioned, the small group turning towards the mirror at the same time.

Sure enough, a ghostly image of Sonic was now trapped in there, hands to the glass, looking out.
"Sonic? Is that you?" Tails questioned, the form nodding.
"Oh chaos, oh chaos! oh no! What are we going to do? He's trapped in a freaking mirror!" Tails panicked, watching the mirror. Sonic was trying to speak to them, but no one could hear.
"We can't hear you," Tails told him, and Sonic crossed his arms in annoyance.

"He's fine," Amy suddenly said, "I can feel it. He's just trapped in there until we catch that rogue spirit and switch it back round."
"Well, let's go then" Tails stood up, turning to Vanilla
"Vanilla, please, look after his body. Don't leave it alone, and make sure that it doesn't get injured., I don't know how that could interfere with the transition. And, whatever you do, don't let Eggman find out. Or anyone take him. That would be bad," the rabbit nodded seriously, holding the blue tightly.
"Please, Vanilla. Don't let anything happen to him. That's my brother, and I would never forgive myself if something bad happened again,"

"I wouldn't forgive myself either, this is my son," Vanilla responded with, Tails and Amy heading out, "I'm going to set this right," he spoke to Sonic, "Just.. hang in there I guess,"

***

"No, this is fine!" Sonic sarcastically told himself, looking around the mirror prison, it was small, but looked like it was spacious, due to it's walls being cloudy, giving the illusion of miles and miles of walking area. The room itself was dull shades of grey and blue, very depressing.
"Well, since no can hear me, at least I'm free to state whatever random thing comes to mind, and not be judged for it," he smirked a little, an idea coming to mind.
"SHUT UP AND LET ME HEAR YOU SING IT! NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA, NA NANANANA..!"
He did this until he physically had no breath left, sitting down on the floor next to the 'window' of the mirror, beginning to play around with Chip's bracelet.
Until he accidentally pressed something on it, bright beams shooting up to the air.
"Woah! What?"

***

"Ahhh!" A small creature in the core of the Earth stretched, walking up from their deep slumber, "I wonder what..." the creature stopped when they saw a vision of a blue hedgehog sitting next to a beam of light, still confused

"Sonic!"

***

Vanilla had finished making her tea, balancing with that in one hand, putting Sonic over her shoulder, and walking up the ladders to the loft.
Looking into the mirror, of course she saw Sonic sitting next to the beam of green light.
"Sonic what the heck it's not even been five minutes!"
The hedgehog just shrugged as the light went out.

"Well, at least nothing happened.." Vanilla then heard the door suddenly burst open, "What now?" She peered down the stairs, and she saw a small almost Möbian-like creature stood there.
"Oh, hello? Are you one of Tails' friends?" She asked, but the purple-pink creature glared at her.

"You!" He shouted, "What did you do to Sonic? Ah!" The small thing launched himself at Vanilla.
"Tell me now!"

"I haven't done anything! It was a ghost," Vanilla grabbed the creature and held it at arm's length, he was still kicking and punching.
"Ok, calm down there. Look," she showed him the mirror, and he gasped.
"Sonic? Wha-who? Who trapped you in there? What did you do to get in one? Wait, did you die?" He glanced over at his body in Vanilla's arms, and Sonic kinda just shrugged, clearly surprised to see the Gaia here.

"Oh!" He turned back to Vanilla, "Let me introduce myself! I'm Chip!" He shook her hand.
"Well, I'm Vanilla. I guess that I'ld better explain everything.."

"That's some story," Chip thought, looking back towards the mirror, "And this happened this morning? Poor Sonic must be starving! I know I would!"

"What the heck is Chip doing here? Is Dark Gaia awake? Or is it just him? If so, why is he even here?" Sonic listened to their conversation, beginning to understand that it was the beam that had woke him up.

He couldn't help but look at himself laid there, helplessly laid next to Vanilla. He knew for a fact that if any of his foes was to find out about his current state, his body would be toast.

He just hoped that wouldn't happen.