What is This Place?

Salem; Present Day:

Y/n's POV:
I woke up in the same bedroom that my mother was killed in, 7 years ago today. I still can't believe my mother is dead.  I got out of my bed and looked in my mirror. My hair was all messed up and my nightdress was coming off my shoulder.

I used a magic spell to bring my hairbrush over to me. When it was in my hand, I brushed my hair. 100 times. "I cannot believe that I actually do that every day." I yawned to myself and went downstairs.

There was a knock on the front door. "That's never good..." I mumbled. I walked up to the door and opened it slightly. "Olivia? What are you doing here?" I opened my arms out to hug my mother-figure. "I came to tell you that there was a new delivery of books you might like to read!"

Olivia was an amazing person. She looked after me ever since she knew about what happened to my family. She often let me take books back to my house. She had long brown hair that she often wore in a bun on top of her head. She had brown glasses that made her look very clever... she also was very clever. She often wore different coloured blouses, tucked into her black skirt, with her red heels and black tights.

On this particular day, Olivia was wearing a yellow blouse, tucked into her black skirt, with those same red heels and black tights. "Oooh!! I can't wait to read them! I'll just get ready and pop right over!" I have her a warm smile and closed the door.

I loved it when there was a new shipment of books. Olivia's library was the only place where I could read books in the whole of Salem. I also had a Library in the cottage, but the books there were all cooking books, spell books or song lyrics and I'd read them all...

...at least 4 times.

I rushed straight up the stairs and back into my bedroom. "What should I wear today mister book?" My aunt Winifred's spell book came to my hand. It flew over to my mother's old dress, her red corset and maroon high-heeled boots. "⟟ ⊑⏃⎐⟒ ⏃ ⎎⟒⟒⌰⟟⋏☌ ⌇⍜⋔⟒⏁⊑⟟⋏☌ ⏚⟟☌ ⟟⌇ ☌⍜⟟⋏☌ ⏁⍜ ⊑⏃⌿⌿⟒⋏ ⏁⍜⎅⏃⊬." It whispered. That loosely translates to; 'I have a feeling something big is going to happen today.'

I agreed with the book and decided to wear my mother's old outfit. "How on Earth do I tighten a corset?" I giggled to the book. "⍙⏃⋏⏁ ⋔⟒ ⏁⍜ ☊⏃⌰⌰ ⎎⍜⍀ ⍜⌰⟟⎐⟟⏃?" The book whispered, blinking its green eye. Loosely translated to; 'Want me to call for Olivia?'

Honestly, I did, even though I had no idea if she'd want to help me. I nodded my head and the book went away.

It came back 5 minutes later, leading Olivia to you. "Hiyya y/n! What do you want help with?" She asked, knocking on my door. "Do you have any idea how to tighten a corset?" I giggled. "Of course. Can I come in?" Even though my bedroom door was closed, I could tell she was smiling. I opened the door. She walked in and looked around. "This is such a sweet room! I love it!" She span around, taking in the sights of my room.

"Turn around for a moment." She smiled at me. I turned around and moved my hair around my shoulder, showing her the back of my mother's corset.

She tightened it just right. "Is that tight enough?" She still had her fingers tangled in the strings that tightened it. "Perfect. Thank you." She tied the loose ends into a bow and brushed my hair back around to the back.

"You remind me so much of your mother. You look just like her!" I grabbed Olivia's hand and pulled her down the stairs. "Careful! I'm in heels!" She giggled. "Can we go to your library now?" I was very excited to see the new books. "Of course! Follow me!" She took a step toward the door. "I have an idea." I looked behind me to the broom that was hung on the wall. "Y/n Sanderson. I am not going on a broo-"