officals and, fireworks

“You’re here before me?” I questioned and Shuri nodded “last time I was standing here, T’challa and mother were beside me” my face fell and I walked up to her.

“Shuri, I don’t know how to say this but I think I still like you, and I broke up with Riri a while ago” I explained and she looked at me “I just don’t want to act on because I don’t want you to be alone next time you come up here, I don’t want to leave you” I held her face in my hands softly wiping a tear.

“don’t do anything stupid enough to get yourself killed” she sniffed and I laughed “no promises, my loyalty is to Wakanda and you” I rested my forehead on hers as the first firework went off.

I kissed her softly, this may not be how I imagined it but it’s how I wanted it to go, fireworks in the background, just us and her lips on mine, all of Wakanda below us.

“I love you, and I promise to never leave your side” I whispered against her lips, giving her one more quick kiss.

“Finally it happened!” Riri announced and I rolled my eyes “oh and this goes for the both of you but are you sure neither of you want to slide to Chicago?” Riri asked and I smiled “I would love to but we have something we need to do tomorrow” Shuri explained and I nodded.

The next day.

It had taken longer to get there so by the time we were there it was sundown.

I help Shuri out of the truck going to let go of here hand so Nakia didn’t see when she held it tighter “if anyone figures it out I trust Nakia most” she whispered kissing my cheek as Nakia came out.

“I just have to get one more thing ready” she apologized and Shuri looked at me “I’d rather it be just us” she said and I turned to her in confusion.

“Oh, ok” Nakia said and Shuri led me to the fire and handed me my robes while she took hers out to burn.

We both put them in the fire and the memories I had with both of them passed through my head, the training with T’challa, him figuring out my crush on Shuri.

I wiped a tear from my eye when Nakia came down with a little boy.

“Who’s this?” I questioned and he smiled “I am Prince T’challa son of king T’challa” he smiled and I smiled at Nakia and Shuri “it’s nice to meet you finally sister” he stuck his fist out to Shuri and she hit it “nice to meet you too” she smiled.

“Nakia can we talk about something?” Shuri asked and I looked at her confused “of course, it’s everything ok?” she asked concerned and Shuri grabbed my hand as she Sent the kid off.

“everything is better than just fine actually, I found someone” Shuri smiled wrapping my hands around her waist “who’s the lucky guy?” Nakia asked and Shuri looked and me as I kissed her cheek.

“Oh, oh I’m so proud!” she exclaimed hugged the both of  us “T’challa knew it from the beginning” she shook her head and I laughed.

I looked at my phone and tapped Shuris shoulder “we should be heading back, we have a country to run, also there Is still a room for you” I smiled helping Shuri up “I’ll keep they in my mind” she called and I grabbed Shuris hand a little tighter.