17 - Full Cowling vs. Icy Hot

-3rd Person POV-

Despite her last attack being a complete failure, Uraraka found the determination to stand up once again, ready to press on with the fight. As she got back on her feet, her back was turned to Bakugo, who was observing her next move with curiosity and impatience.

"If Deku were in the ring, he wouldn't give up yet!" she thought, clenching her fist as she turned around with determination, ready to take the raging Pomeranian down.

However, just as Uraraka was about to summon the strength to take another step forward, her body gave in to the overwhelming exhaustion. Her determination was betrayed with an almost poetic defiance as her legs buckled beneath her, causing her to collapse. Despite her desperate desire to continue, her body had reached its limit, leaving her unable to carry on.

"It's over..." Tatsuya flatly stated, closing his eyes as he crossed his arms with a matching expression.

"Yeah, she's way past her limit," Izuku added, slowly nodding in begrudged agreement as Uraraka tried to crawl forward, mumbling that she could still fight.

The gravity girl's mumbling may have been barely audible to Midnight, let alone Bakugo and the surrounding crowd. Still, the sight of her crawling was heartbreaking for Hagakure to watch because it reminded her of the USJ incident when she saw Tatsuya trying to get back to the fight with the Nomu despite being badly injured. The invisible girl understood that a hero has to be able to do whatever it takes to save others, but she didn't like the fact that there was a likely chance that it could cost them their lives.

Back then, Tatsuya could've died trying to keep the monster away from his classmates and teacher, and she didn't want anything like that to happen to any of her friends. Despite not caring for it himself, the wolf boy supported her desire to get attention from the hero agencies, especially since it would be hard for an invisible person to gain it.

With that memory running through her mind, Hagakure couldn't help but glance toward Tatsuya with a heavy heart as Uraraka eventually succumbed to her exhaustion, making Bakugo the victor.

As All Might said, a simple change in attitude set those who stood at the top apart from those who didn't. Uraraka showed the whole country that she was a vivid example of what that statement meant.

Surprisingly, despite being hit point-blank by dangerous explosions, the gravity girl appeared to have not received any critical injuries as she was being carried away on a stretcher by robots in a similar fashion to how Kirishima and Tetsutetsu were carried out.

Present Mic commented about the eighth match's conclusions with blatantly obvious unenthusiasm. Aizawa called him out on it, but the loudmouth ignored his endlessly tired co-commentator as he announced that the winner of the seventh match was what was left to be decided before the second round could begin.

---------------------------------------------------------

-Tatsuya's POV-

As Cementoss repaired the arena, Izuku left the stands to prepare for his battle with Todoroki. My classmates were in their own conversations as they passed the time before the winner of Kirishima and Tetsutetsu's match would be decided.

On the other hand, I was absorbed in my thoughts as I was curious as to how Izuku would fight Todoroki, mainly since now we've found a way for him to control OFA, and what I would want to do against Iida as our match is after Izuku's. Sero interrupted my thoughts as he spoke up when he noticed Bakugo returning from the field.