Meeting the Devil

(Lol I totally forgot about this FanFic)

(Reference: S. 1 EP. 9)

The faint sound of knocking wakes you up. You tossed around in bed, trying to ignore the sounds, hoping that they would go away but the knocks gets continuously more and more annoying. You grumbled, picking up your phone besides you. The time is 3:57 PM. 

"Damn, I slept for a long time... And nooooow its time to answer the motherfucker at door," you mumbled to yourself, stretching upon the bed, sprawling around before getting up and begrudgingly going downstairs to the front door. 

You open the door only to be blinded by the damn sunlight. You squinted and rubbed your eyes, adjusting to the bright light and the familiar tall figure. 

"Took you long enough. I thought you were fucking dead from how long you been sleeping. I was boutta just portal myself in if you didn't open the door in approximately another 8 seconds." Rick grumbled. 

"Whatever. Do you need something? I kinda wanna go back to sleep," You hissed. You weren't exactly a morning person. 

"(Belch) Get ready in exactly 10. We're gonna go run a couple of tests on my granddaughter's new boss." 

Your left eyebrow raised, confused from what the fuck this came from. "Tests? You don't have anything better to do than that like leaving me alone to rest for today?" 

Rick frowned and looked back at his watch for a second only to reply, "9 minutes and 43 seconds left before I drag you out of your house myself." You groaned and turned around, going back upstairs to your room to get ready. Rick entered behind you, helping himself to whatever was in the kitchen. You put on your favorite pair of jeans and tee, and washed your face, brushing your teeth, brushing your hair, regular stuff. You didn't seem to have enough time to put on any makeup or eat, so you just looked in the mirror to fix some minor flaws that stood out like tufts of your hair that were out of place, deodorant, your morning breath, etc. You headed downstairs, slipped your shoes on, and grumbled quietly, still exhausted and tired from last night.

You saw Rick in the kitchen with his feet on the table, leaning back on the chair, relying on the two pegs of the chair to hold his weight as he lazily held onto his flask. You cleared your throat loudly, rubbing your eyes a bit from the sleepiness. 

"Took you long enough. Now let's get going." Rick got up from his seat and led you outside. The warmth of the sun hit your skin which made you feel a little hazy but the brightness gave you a nasty glare. You just bore along with it as you were just walking to the other side of the street to the garage. You sat down on the counter beside the sink. The microscope was on a cardboard box that was on a stool which was surrounded by mechanics as if it was under observation. Rick closed the garage vehicle entrance and took out his flask, offering the container to me. I shook my head and scrunched my face in disgust. 

"Drinking this early in the day?" You questioned him.

"It's not that early Y/N. You just slept for too long. Whatever, your loss." He took a swig out of his flask. 

"Well, I think a good time to start drinking is later in the evening or night. Like maybe 8 or 9 PM," you reasoned.

Your conversation with Rick was shortlived and were interrupted heard the door open beside Rick. Morty came inside the garage.

"(Belch) M-Morty! Now that Morty's here, let me ask you both a question real quick. Does evil exist, and if so, can one detect and measure it?"

Morty looked nervous, kind of scared to answer at all because he would be reprimanded or insulted by any answer Rick gets but Rick quickly answers. "Rhetorical question. The answer is yes, you just have to be a genius." The machinery scanned the microscope and showed results on the laptop showing a picture of the microscope on the left and a level of "IQ" on the right that is steadily decreasing. Rick leaned over the laptop, typing whatever smart bullshit and leans his lanky body over the microscope, tampering with the gears. He's so tall that it's very intimidating. "Cute. Your sister's boss gave me a microscope that would have made me retarded.