Drowning Man (Part 1)

I am back! It has been a while since I have written anything. I hope you guys enjoy this short chapter. I will be making more soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------

He had no one. Not even his family. Both of his parents were murdered during a home robbery when he was ten. His grandparents passed due to old age. It was just him, by himself. Trauma caused him to become depressed. The demons in his head got intentively louder. They were leaving him with suicidal thoughts. Did he ever get help for his mental? No. There was no point. It was useless, he thought. 

"Maybe I should look at the ocean to smoothen my evil thoughts." He mumbled to himself. He grabbed his backpack which had all of his belongings. He had an apartment but it wasn't as nice. It was very ancient-looking. It seemed to be a building you would see in the 1900s. That's all he could afford after all. It's not like he had a decent job. He worked at a restaurant for sake.

Puffing his cigarette, he strolled along to one of the beaches. His favorite one. Nickel Plate Beach. Was it the best beach in Ohio? No. However, that beach had an extraordinary place in his heart. His parents used to take him there every weekend when he was younger. Every Friday, they would go to that beach and talk about their future and how they were going to have a better house, car, and lifestyle. Unfortunately, they didn't make it to experience that future. 

Walking ten miles on a Friday night he finally arrived at his destination. He dug in his backpack grabbed the blanket he had for nine years or so and placed it on the sand. "I miss you guys so much," he said out loud hoping that his parents in heaven would hear it. 

"I- I'm trying to be strong but they keep telling me to leave, they want me gone" The voices wanted him dead. Every second of the day he would hear these deep demonic voices telling him how unworthy he was on this earth. He wasn't as strong as his parents said he was. He couldn't take it anymore. He had enough.

"Go explore the ocean, see what is out there." One of the voices spoke. That he did. He stood up and descended to the ocean. Feeling the cold water touch his feet, he stopped. It was beautiful scenery. He observed and took it all in. "It reminds me of you guys, it's so beautiful and peaceful," He said while watching the waves crash. 

"Go further." another deep demonic voice said. He was hesitant but did anyway. Now the water reached his waist. Unconsciously, he kept walking deeper into the ocean. He didn't know what his body was doing. That wasn't him moving himself. It was them. The demons. 

"STOP, STOP IT NOW," he yelled to them. "I DON'T WANT TO GO FURTHER, PLEASE," he pleads again. Did they care?  Not at all. They wanted him dead. "Trust me, you will finally get to see your parents." All of the voices said together while laughing wickly. He took a deep breath before his head went under. 

Knowing that it was the end of his chapter he closed his eyes. "I'm sorry my thoughts got the best of me, I failed you guys." He said in his head to his parents. He promised after they passed that he would do better and live better but everything went left when he became depressed because of their death. 

His body slowly felt weaker and weaker. 

Before he knew his life was gone he took one last breath that slowly filled his lungs up with water. 

"BYE BYE," the demons said before everything turned dark. 

He was gone.

The voices were gone.