Chapter 2

Eddie:

A week of school has already passed, it felt like two days. College is alright for the most part, most of the time I'm in class, studying or working. Ever since I cut my mother off I've been needing to pay my own bills, which isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be.

My friends Bill, Stanley and Mike all have been helping me out with my money situation. Mainly Bill out of all of them, but anything helps. Lucky for me, we all went to the same college which meant we could stick together. Sadly we don't have any classes together other then Bill and Stan having a writing class or something with each other. There's this other guy who I might consider a friend, his name is Richie Tozier and he's in the year above me. He's got semi-long curly black hair and these thick, squareshaped glasses that suit him really well. His signature outfit seems to be a white T with a Hawaiian buttonup shirt on the top that's always undone, with a pair of jeans either blue or black. Sometimes he wears shirts with band names on them but I'm not much of a music person. He has a really good sense of humour and as much as I find him annoying I still enjoy his company. I don't know much about him but I'd be happy to learn.

Richie was nice enough to let me have my friends over at the dorm, he actually was shocked I asked and didn't just do it. It's my one afternoon off of work a fortnight so I want to spend it wisely, every other day I go straight to work after my classes. It's not the best system because I am often late but it works for the most part.

It was around 5 aclock and I hear a knock at my door. I was sitting on my bed finishing some homework while Richie was no where to be seen. I put my pen down and got off the bed, I walked over to the door and opened it. I was delighted to see Bill and Stanley standing infront of me smiling. We said our hellos and I motioned them to come in. I closed the door and sat back on my bed, they both sat on a small couch in front of my bed I forgot we had. "Your room is so much bigger then ours." Stan said looking around. "Y-yeah you're l-lucky." Bill stuttered out. I forgot to mention Bill has a stutter. It's not as bad as it use to be because he's been taking speech therapy, which is great. "I guess I got beginners luck!" I replied back smiling a little.

We talked for awhile, mainly just catching up on anything we've missed or what classes we're taking at the moment. After half an hour we hear the door start to open, it was Richie and he was with a girl. She had red hair and the most beautiful facial features. Her face was filled with freckles that fitted her style perfectly. I assumed that was Richie's girlfriend. "Shit sorry, I forgot you had friends over. We can leav-" Richie didn't finish his sentence in time, "No it's okay you guys can stay. Join us!" I said quickly before they could leave. I don't know why but I really wanted him to stay. "Only if you insist!" Richie said with a wink which gave me butterflies in my stomach. The two sat on Richie's bed. For some reason I felt a bit jealous of how close she was to him, it was a stupid feeling and I don't know why I felt that way.

"So what're your names?" Richie asked my friends. "I'm Stanley but just call me Stan." Stan said with a straight face. "And you?" Richie asked turning his focus towards Bill. "I'm B-Bill." He let out in a quiet voice. Stan and I could tell he was worried they were going to make fun of him but was relieved when he was welcomed with opening arms. "Well nice to meet you Billy-boy! Same to you Stan the man!" Richie said laughing at his own joke afterwards, and I have to admit I was trying not to laugh but I was definitely smiling. "Well I'm Beverly but please just call me Bev!" The red haired girl said. Her voice sounded like an angel and for some reason that made me mad. She seemed sweet and caring, why don't I like her? "So are you and Richie a thing or??" Stan asked to my surprise. The two laughed which made us all confused, "Well we use to but we worked out we're just meant to be friends." Beverly answered. "BEST friends may I add!" Richie said in a defensive tone. Hearing that relieved me. I have no idea way thought. After hearing Beverly has a boyfriend, I suddenly don't hate her. How odd.

There was another knock at the door, I got up and answered it. It was Mike, and he looked happier then ever. "Sorry I'm late guys, got held back with one of the teachers and then I got hungry so I ate afternoon tea." I welcomed him in and he sat on the floor next to the couch. "It's a-alr-right." Bill said with a smile oj his face. Mike looked around and then his eyes met with Richie, I was about to introduce him then something happened. "Holy shit, Richie!?" Mike said standing up and walking over to him. "Homeschooled!" Richie said reaching in for a hug and receiving one. "You guys know each other?" I asked confused as hell. "Yeah remember that club I worked at for about a year? Richie was like always there." That took me by surprised. Mike moved his focus on Beverly and hugged her aswell. "Gosh it's been so long. How's Ben?" He asked her. "I knoww!! And Ben's great at the moment!" She replied. I still didn't like how close her and Richie were. I finally said something. "Here Bev, you can sit on my bed with Mike and I'll sit with Richie. That way no one sits on the floor." I got up and she smiled. "Aw that's so sweet of you Eddie! But couldn't he just sit with you?" She had a point. I thought for an excuse for a second then Richie spoke up, "Yeah but this way you can catch up with Mikey." He smiled at her "That's true! Okay thank you so much Eddie!" She said to me as we scooted past each other.

I sat on Richie's bed next to him. Everyone seemed to be doing their own thing. Bev and Mike were catching up and Bill and Stan were have a conversation about birds. The only one to talk to was Richie. I turned my body and my head so I was facing him. My legs were crossed and he was laying back on his pillows but he had his head up so he could see me. My face started to feel hot and those butterflies were having a party in my stomach.

"So you realllyyy wanted to sit next to me huh?" Richie said to me flirting. "What? No!" I defended myself even though I knew for a fact he was right. "I saw you thinking real hard about an excuse to sit with me." He had caught me and what was worse is that I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "I just wanted to help my friend!" I crossed my arms angrily but that seemed to only make him smile more. "You're so cute sometimes you know that?" He pinched my cheeks which made my face go a bit red. I hit his hands away and stuck my tongue out at him.

What's gonna happen next!??!?!