02.

"l/n! papers!" bakugo yelled at you for the umpteenth time that afternoon. "yes sir!" you replied and rushed over to grab yet another heavy stack of papers. someone had briefly gave you tips on how to do certain things, per bakugou's request.

you hurriedly opened a drawer on the filing cabinet and precisely set papers in each folder. occasionally setting aside papers to send out to other people. "coffee, l/n." bakugo suddenly said. you stopped halfway through the papers and looked over at him. he smirked evilly at your reaction. "sir?" you asked. "get me a coffee." he said. glancing at the rest of the papers, you nodded back at him and pushed the cabinet back in. "now, l/n! you're on a time limit!" he barked at you. you squeaked and in a quick thought grabbed the papers you where meant to give to assigned people.

you left his office in a run, quickly getting into the elevator and pressing the first floor button. as soon as the elevator reopened, you left in a sprint to get to archives. on the way you ran into your friend that got you into this mess in the first place. "y/n!" she called for you, but noticed your frazzled state. "oh my, bakugo's test eh?" you nodded. "yeah, I have to get down to archives quickly!" you looked down at the papers and on a big yellow sticky note was written 'raccoon eyes' "raccoon eyes?" you asked confused. mina laughed and took the papers out of your hands. "that's me haha, well you should hurry along! bye n/n!" she said and ran off down a long hallway.

you shrugged and remembered your next task. "wait- how does he even like his coffee?!" you said panicked. you looked around for a sign that signified a lounge or kitchen. lucky an arrow pointed to a kitchen, so you followed where it was pointed down a hallway, and found your way into a built in kitchen that had round tables set in the middle of the room. kirishima was sitting at one of these tables, eating some meat out of a bento box. he stopped halfway and looked up at you and gasped. "l/n!! hi!" he said and stood up to hug you. "omph- kiri- i can't breathe!" you said in a strained voice while paying his arm.

he set you down with an apologetic smile. "what brings you here? did bakugo send you?" he asked. "yeah... hey do you happen to know how he likes his coffee?" you asked hopeful that he did. he nodded and walked over to the coffee machine and grabbed a cup and top from the cabinet over head. then he poured in the rest of the coffee from the pot. "he doesn't like the coffee from across the street, so this machine is basically his personal one." kirishima laughed.

"he's weird about it, one spoon of sugar and one cup of caramel creamer. don't mix, leave the spoon in. i think he has some secret thing in his desk that he adds to it." he said to you, then handed to the cup and cap. "thank you, kirishima. you're a life saver!" you said happily and waved goodbye, "bye!!" he just stood there, shocked. it was one of the few times someone has actually thanked him for something. he smiled warmly and sat down to finish eating his lunch with pride. "wait was it one spoon or two...? oh no."

as you made your way back into bakugo's office, he was yelling on the phone but you didn't pay any mind to it. you carefully set his coffee on his desk and took a step back to finish the task you where assigned earlier. you heard the phone being slammed back into it's place and bakugo grumbling angrily. you set the last paper in it's place for review, and turned around to be met with your bosses chest. "the fuck is this?" he asked. you looked up at him with wide eyes, you were terrified if this man.

gulping you shakily answered his question, "c-coffee, sir." he sucked on his teeth and handed you the cup. "drink it." he demanded. you nodded and took a sip, the liquid burned your throat and left a bitter tase in your mouth. "all of it." he said, you guess clarifying his previous instructions. you gulped down the rest with furrowed eyebrows. "coffee. sir." you said again, this time with more malice. he looked down at you with amusement.

"what was that?" he teased. your eyebrow twitched angrily, but you had to keep your composure for this job. so you spoke up and offered him the cup back, "i said it's coffee, sir." he took the cup from your hand, "no, that was dirt in a cup." he said. "well then I guess it's dirt in a cup." you said, your tone filled with sarcasm. bakugo laughed and threw the discarded cup in the trash.

"you're hired, y/n l/n. but i'll put you through hell the entire time you're here. don't disappoint me." he said and waved you off. you gasped and smiled at him, "thank you sir! i won't disappoint you!" he stared at you for a moment as you went to grab your things. "have a good day." you said to him and left the office. bakugo sighed and sat in his black leather chair. "girl doesn't even know how to make a damn cup of coffee." he said and sighed.

you went to the first floor and spotted mina leaving out of a room. "mina!" you called to your friend. "i got the job!" she looked at you and squealed. "i'm so happy for you y/n!! we're gonna be co-worker girlfriends!" you laughed and hugged her, she hugged you back. "hey, i want a hug too." a familiar voice said behind you. mina beamed "eiji!!" she kissed him, and he kissed back. you covered your eyes, "eeeww!" you exclaimed in disgust. the couple laughed.

"i didn't know you two knew each other." kirishima said, mina still clinging on to him like he was her life support. "we've known each other since the sandbox days." mina said fondly. you nodded, "our parents were friends so naturally, like mother's do, they introduced us to each other." kirishima nodded, showing that he understood. "hey n/n, since you've got the job here. you can officially come to the office party that happening on wednesday! it's the one year anniversary of bakugo being put in the position he's in now, i thought would be a good idea to have a party. and it got approved!" mina said. you thought for a moment and nodded. "i'll tag along, but I'm not drinking." mina laughed then put on a serious face, "yes you are." you rolled your eyes, "if you catch me drinking anything remotely close to alcohol, that's not me. that's an imposter." you said as the three of you walked out of the building, Mina slapped the back of your head and you yelped in pain. "let's go get dinner!" kirishima suggested. you and mina agreed instantly.

when you got to your apartment complex, fatigue was already setting in. you yawned and forced yourself up the stairs, refusing to use the elevator. "i've had enough of those for one day." you laughed and made it to your door, and fumbled with your keys to find the one that unlocked your door. "come on brain, there's only four keys!" you cried as you couldn't open your door. finally you got your door open and sighed in contentment then closed the door behind you.

you set your bag and keys on the dresser by the door and went to the bathroom to draw yourself a warm bath. "i deserve this." you said as you slipped out of your clothes and into the bath. and of course, your loud neighbors had to start fighting. groaning you glared at your ceiling. 'god despises me.' you thought. cutting your relaxation time short you got out of the bath and wrapped a white towel over your body, then let the water drain from the tub. "stupid neighbors... stupid art manager." you mumbled to yourself as you dried off and got dressed a pair of black shorts and an oversized tee-shirt.

you slipped under the covers of your bed and went into deep though. wondering if this really was what you needed, or what you would've done if you hadn't gotten the job you've gotten today. then a loud slam sounded from next door, and faint yelling could be heard. "i want a divorce!" a females voice said. "then file for one! maybe you'll find a better life with your new boytoy!" a male's voice said. "maybe i will!" the female retorted. "you're a dirty lying slut ochacko. you and that dumbass deku!" the male screamed at the woman.

you sat up. you knew who that was. you turned to the head of your bed that was against the wall that separated you from the next room. you pressed your hands against the wall, and you could hear the front door open and slam shut. you pressed your ear against the wall, 'this is eavesdropping.' you thought for a split second, but continued listening. you could hear faint, incoherent swearing. your eyes widened and you moved away from your wall. "that's bakugo." you said shocked. "i'm living next to my fucking boss!?" you silently yelled.

(Authors note: yes yes i know, cheesy, but plot-- don't yell at me)