Miracles

Perched at the foot of the bed that she had just prepared for the night, Khushi Singh Raizada looked over as Arnav Singh Raizada, her husband of almost ten years, shrugged into a T-shirt for the night. She ran an appreciative glance over his freshly showered, lean, muscular torso as she tried to insert the pillows and throw pillows into fresh covers.

"So, Khushi?" He hesitated watching her. "How does a trip sound?"

Khushi glanced at him in surprise, "what trip?"

"Dad, are you going to take us to Universal?" Dhruv, their 7 year old son asked from where he sat playing with his 4 year old sister, Tara. Well, he was playing with his racing track and Tara, who adored her elder brother, hovered around him trying to fit in. Dhruv, who adored her right back tried to include and indulge her as much as he could.

Arnav turned his head to look at his son's brightened face and said, "Not this time, Dhruv. Let's keep that for your summer holidays, yes?"

Dhruv, who was very much like his father for the most part and was quite unfuzzy about things shrugged nonchalantly and muttered, "Okay," before going back to play.

Arnav opened his bag and handed Khushi the travel brochures that the agency sent over when he had enquired. Turning to the mirror in the dressing table to fix his hair, he met her gaze through it and said, "Pick a place."

While Khushi briefly sifted through them and kept shuffling, Arnav came to sit beside her, "let's both go have some fun. Australia?" He asked casually, holding up the first one in the list.

"I don't want to roam the streets with Kangaroos. I have heard there are probably more of them than people in that country."

He lifted his brows slightly at that. "Okay. Let's see what else there is."

"Dubai? Shopping? Burj Khalifa?"

"Delhi Ki garmi kya kam hai? Dubai mein surya snan nahi lena humein (Is Delhi any less hot? I don't want to sun bath in Dubai.")

"What— oh sun bath?" He chuckled and she bobbed her head getting up to arrange the pillows at the head of the bed.

"Paris? You can't say no to Paris."

"I hear thieving and burglary is too prevalent—

"How about the moon?" Arnav asked, not-so-effectively trying to convey his displeasure at her non-enthusiasm. Khushi was going to say something when she realized what he had said and gasped with her mouth open. "Can we go to the moon now? I — She began but Arnav finally snapped, "Kya farak padhta hai? I'm sure you'll find a reason as to why we shouldn't visit."

She gazed at him, utterly chagrined. "Arnavji, between the tiffin service, children, school, homework and ghar ka kaam, I seem to be doing million things in a day."

Arnav frowned. "So, I don't have work? You're entitled to a little rest, you know?" He held her by her elbow and tilted her face up, "Khushi, let's go some place serene and just relax in a resort."

Khushi shook her head. "I already live in one. Shantivan is no less than a resort. And I have everyone and everything right where I want. What else do I need? I am lucky and happy where I am."

"Khushi it's just a change of scene. A weekend at the most."

Khushi smiled and pressed an unexpected kiss to his cheek. "You thought of planning something for us and it made me so happy. Thank you, Arnavji. Now I need to give Nani her medicine and then put the kids to bed. I'll be right back."

"Khush—

But she was gone.

Dhruv looked at Arnav's scowling face hearing him mutter. "What the hell am I supposed to do with her?"