Spin 0ff 14, He's Upset at Me Pt. 1

I'm so glad taking care of those plants is over. I feel so exhausted..

Argos flops himself on bed. He sighs as he sees his phone for any new notifications.

Ding
I hope it's from Mr. Plant.
It is from Mr. Plant!
Oh. Nevermind, it's from my boss.

Disappointed, he opens the message.
'Take care of my garden. Money and reward is granted if you do.'

Seriously, that's all? Jeez, Argos knows his boss is rude but it doesn't kill to be more polite and less bland.

But Argos loves rewards and he does need the money for stuff,
so of course he would do it!
If he could.

He's busy today. He invited Mr. Plant to go to the beach together and he really didn't want to cancel it.

Then he got an idea. Why don't I invite Mr. Plant to garden with me. Yeah, he already did that before, but this time it's different. This time it's with plants like Mr. Plant!
Pfft, he he, I wonder what his reaction will be? I also wonder if our children will look like-

Anyways, he went to Mr. Plant's void and surprisingly, he was more than happy to accept. Except Argos hadn't told him what it was for.

"Mr. Plant, meet my 3 plants. Oh and be very careful with the walking one..." Argos explains the rules to Mr. Plant. After he does, Mr. Plant gives him a suspicious look.

He points at the plants then at himself.
Argos giggles.

"What? No, pfft. I didn't bring you here on that purpose. Why would I do that?" Argos nervously laughs, knowing fair well he did. Giggles about it did escape now and then. "Well, Mr. Plant. I don't know what it is but something tells me you're an expert at taking care of plants! So here, take this one, with uh, lots of eyes. Heh." Argos gives Mr. Plant the walking plant while he asserts dominance over the one-eyed one.

Hm, mumbled Mr. Plant. This plant is that dangerous (considering Argos' exaggeration). How will I-

Oops. It seems like Mr. Plant did it again. He killed the plant. But this time it wasn't on purpose, it was accidental. While the plant did try to poison him, he only killed him because he didn't see where he was stepping.

Argos looked at him wide-eyed, then away.
"Oh, that is...
understandable.
I'll see what I can tell my boss." He replied
in a rather gloomy manner.
Mr. Plant could tell he tried hiding it with a smile but he wasn't so good at it.

Was that something bad for Mr. Plant to do? He knows it's not his work place,
what if Argos fired like last time?!
But Argos should have expect it,
this is the billionth time Mr. Plant had killed something.
Still, I should have been more careful, now Argos has to pay the consequences because of me.
It was my responsibility he trusted me in.

...

"Agh!" It's the next day and Argos visited Mr. Plant's void. "You won't believe it Mr. Plant! I told my boss about it and he threaten to fire me. And it's not even fair 'cause gardening is not even my main or actual job there!"

Mr. Plant doesn't look at him. His guiltiness made his stomach feel empty, like if his heart fell upside down.
And looking at Argos will only make it worse.

"Actually, no. He's deciding whether he should or should not. But if he does, what am I going to do?! I will have no job and bills are coming up! Aaaghg" Argos buries himself under the couch's pillow. "Oh, and he promised me a reward if I did it but he still hadn't given it to me. I guess it's because of the murder, but still! Auughg" Again, he screams in the pillow.

Mr. Plant forces himself to give a look while he put a hand up Argos' shoulder to comfort.

"Uh, no. I'm venting, not complaining. There's a difference." Argos rolls his eyes at him.
This only made Mr. Plant wonder more if he's mad at him.

He leaves then comes back to Argos and gives him ice scream so he could cool down.
"Are you mad at me?" He uses sign language for the first time in a while.

Argos puts down the melting ice scream. "What? Mad at you? Of course not! Why would you think that?" But Argos didn't have the heart to say he was. In fact, he looked away as he said it, like he didn't really mean it.

Mr. Plant tilts his head. What a terrible liar. He thought, but he didn't force it to him.

Argos thought for a moment before deciding to point out, "h-hey, you didn't answer my question." Then immediately wished he could swallow back his words.
Mr. Plant looked back, but he didn't answer. No sign language, no body movement, just staring.

The air felt thicker and tension took over.
Silence.

Argos awkwardly shifted on the sofa. "You know, it's getting very late and I have things to do so I guess I will be leaving.
See you soon..." Argos gloomily said, getting up and making his way towards the door. He didn't want to leave with bad intentions but the conversation had gotten to an awkward point where it isn't leading anywhere.

Argos shuts the door, and Mr. Plant is left alone once again.

It's my fault. Is all he thought.

But he wasn't going to stand by and self-pity. No, that isn't him, and it's for their relationship. The only one he has that he actually enjoys.

What can I do?...