𝙸𝙸. 𝚆𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻𝚂 𝙳𝙾𝙽'𝚃 𝚀𝚄𝙸𝚃

" I think my brain is going to explode

       " I think my brain is going to explode." Stevie groaned, rubbing her temple with her fingers.

For the past three weeks, Stevies mother and sister were throwing stacks of books at her, homemade quizzes on history, herbology, divination, muggle studies (which she was really good at), potions , astronomy and many others that she didn't care to remember. Their resources were limited and the fact that she wasn't allowed to use magic outside of the school made learning the spells hard. Stevie wasn't sure if she would even be able to cast one.

Marisol sat a few seats away from her, a red pen in one hand as she marked on the quizzes Stevie had just finished, " Well, good news is your marks in most of your studies have gone up."

"Most?" Stevie questioned.

" Potions, transfiguration and maybe charms is going to be—tough."

Stevie threw her head back with a dramatic sigh,
" This would be so much easier if I could actually practice beforehand."

"We knew this wasn't going to be easy, Stevie, but I'll be there every step of the way." Sadie chimed in from her position on the couch, " And your dorm mates will be with you for the rest of your time at Hogwarts, I promise they'll want to see you succeed."

Marisol reached across the table and gently gripped one of Stevies hands, " Just don't be afraid to ask for help, darling."

" What if they don't like me—my dorm mates?"

" What's not to like?" Sadie questioned.

The younger girl rolled her eyes and swung her head up to look at her sister, " I don't know, Sadie, maybe the fact that I'm going to be the new weird girl, who doesn't know anything and is being thrown into this like a worm on a hook.
— I just feel so overwhelmed. Is it too late to back out?" She glanced at her mom with a raised brow.

" Our flight leaves in six hours, if you don't want to go, you don't have to." Mari drew in a breath, " I just think you'll regret it if you don't."

" Regretting it isn't the issue—"

"Sadie—" Mari gave her oldest a warning look.

" No, Mom. You've said it to me multiple times, Wrights don't quit." Sadie continued, glancing at her sister, " Do you remember when dad forced you to join softball when you were twelve and you kept writing me saying how much you hated it? But then you accidentally knocked out the other teams best pitcher in the finals and your team won because of it? If you had quit when practices became too hard, like you wanted to, you wouldn't have that trophy sitting in your room right now."

" I thought you loved softball?" Mari asked, earning a shrug from Stevie in return.

" Not the point, Mom." Sadie let out a sigh, " The point is, this is gonna be hard and you're gonna hate some of it. But when the term is over and you've aced your O.W.L's, you're gonna feel as good as you did when your coach handed you that trophy—
Wrights don't quit when things get hard, Stevie."