𝖛𝖎. deja vu



. DEJA VU

Orelia woke up to the sound of her own screams, clawing at her throat for some sort of release or ending. She'd had a nightmare she'd often had, the one of the 12 year old tribute from District 5 that Orelia had to mentor. Well, more like the nightmare about the death of that 12 year old.

Marcy Leetsdale had only been 12 when she died. Speared through the heart by none other than Arlo when he mistook her for one of the tributes that had been targeting him. Orelia had watched in shock as Arlo registered what he had just done, his hands shaking on the screen when he bent down next to the little girl.

There was a reason victors say no one truly wins the Hunger Games. That there are only survivors. Because how can you truly win when you're killing 12 year olds.

Orelia continued to claw at her skin, leaving red marks along her neck as she felt herself back in that spot. The feeling of total loss of control. She couldn't do anything for Marcy, all she could do was watch. She had to give Arlo grace and root for his success because she knew he didn't mean it. She knew it had been an accident and he didn't need her kicking him down any more than he did for himself.

When Orelia finally began to remember where she was, her screams subsided but her arms shook as they continued to hold onto her neck.

She'd never been good at sleeping more than a few hours at a time and it seemed even in the best beds money could offer that didn't change. Orelia needed to move.

So, she began pacing. Back and forth and back and forth over and over again as she tried to slow her breathing and shaky hands. In the morning she'd be rated for her skills and Orelia needed to sleep, but her nerves were getting the best of her.

When knocking sounded at her door, Orelia assumed it was Arlo. She moved out of her room and into the living room, walking towards the front door. And when she opened it, she was greeted by the tired face of Finnick Odair.

"Finnick? What are you doing up here?" Orelia wondered, subtly shaking her hands down by her waist. "You where pacing." Finnick commented, smiling lightly. Until his smile dropped when he noticed the panicked look in her eyes and how her hands shook.

"I'm fine." Orelia commented, moving away from the door and not bothering to close it. She knew he'd follow her in, he always followed her in. And when she turned around, there he was nervously looking back at her. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Orelia rolled her eyes, laughing dryly to herself. "You sound like a dad." Finnick just sent her a look. "You know what I mean, Lia. Have you slept at all while we've been here?"