Chapter Four

When shall we make our move, Your Highness?"

He stood at the window, much as he always had when he thought about the plan and her. "Soon. We must have patience. She's not the same girl I once knew."

"Ciel, we should go back to town later today," I said as I wrapped my arms around him in a backwards hug.

"Why do you want to go to London again when we were there a week ago?" Ciel asked, still having the amazing ability to ask why I wanted to go back or why I wanted to do anything without reason.

I shrugged. "The first time was fun," I said as I released him from my hold and sat on his study desk. Ciel took a moment to look me over as I crossed my legs with one foot against his desk chair. I could see his gaze starting from my feet and slowly work up to my face. He'd do that from time to time, taking in the significant and minor changes that had occured since he asked me to go away with him.

Ciel gave a soft, slight smile and sighed. "There is no telling no to you. Alright, we'll go back," he said as he placed a hand just above my knee and rubbed it gently, sending sparks through to my spine.

I got off his desk happily. I knew that he knew I got bored easily with nothing to do. Since I didn't need much sleep, I've managed to read all the books in the library within the time we've been here. Being a demon has its ups and downs, and one of the downs was the world's time doesn't apply to you much anymore. I gave Ciel and excited hug without being Lizzy and kissed his lips gently.

"Thank you, Ciel."

I walked out of his old study just as Sebastian appeared. I've gotten used to him showing up out of thin air within the years we've traveled together. I turned toward Sebastian, who was at Ciel's side like it was 1889 again. That familiar scene looked so right. Ciel sitting at his desk with that Lord's aura about him, Sebastian at his side with a readiness to perform any action regardless of possibiltiy, and the sun shining in through the window behind them casting an eerie shadow and making them seem even more regal.

"Hello, Sebastian."

"Hello, Miss Selena."

I walked out of the study just as Sebastian spoke to Ciel. "Young Master, there isn't anything you wouldn't do for her, is there?"

Ciel scoffed, much as he had when it came to emotions. "Oh quiet, she's my wife."

Sebastian smiled, I could feel it as I walked down the hallway toward my room. "There is some news traveling about, My Lord."

I walked into mine and Ciel's room. Even though we've been married for a hundred years, being in this manor and sharing a bed with Ciel felt a little odd. I still feel like I'm thirteen, and I was living with Ciel after making that contract with Sebastian. Unconsciously, I placed my hand on my shoulder where my mark was. It was still there, but faintly. I walked toward  our wardrobe, picking out a simple black T-shirt and a dark, navy skirt. I pinned my hair back and smiled at my appearance. Just because I was a demon now didn't mean I couldn't still act like a human in some aspects.

I heard a faint sigh as I turned around. He was smiling softly, something that still surprises me to this day. His arms were crossed at his chest and his eyes were sparkling, almost making me see the sapphire they once were. He truly looked like the spitting image of his father.

"Enjoying the show?" I asked as I smiled to him.

Ciel nodded, stepping toward me. I turned fully around to face him, my hands on my hips, druming against them. He smiled back to me as he took one of my hands and pulled it to him, making me fall with it. I landed against his chest and looked to him. He smiled to me.