Chapter 1: A Fateful Encounter

A/N:

Starting chapters will be longer to get the intro out of the way but all chapters should be around 5k words!

Do note that this fic is a Yandere with dubcon content.

Thank you for checking out my fic and enjoy!

            ---------------------------------------

"Hello? Earth to Y/N, you there?" A yellow claw poked at you as you were focused on some papers, finally you regained your sense of surroundings as you looked at the familiar looking yellow lizard monster in front of you as the usual white walls of the office came into vision as well. "Huh? Oh yes sorry! Just putting these papers into my memory palace, something you want?" You apologized but Alphys bashfully smiled. "Ah no, no! Just informing I'm leaving, it's getting late" You blinked at her and looked at the clock in disbelief, it showed to be 10:30 pm. "And so it is, I'll be staying, got some more work to do" Alphys bashfully took your hands into her claws gently. "Y/N, it's okay to rest, you're always working so late" That wasn't a lie but you enjoyed this work and unbeknowingly stayed late doing what you loved, for you it was the usual. "I know, time just slips away from me but I promise I'll take care of myself" You reassured Alphys and gave her clawed hand a squeeze.

"A-alright, but if you need anything you can always text me... Oh and Sans will be hanging around later than usual!" Smiling at her you nodded and retracted your hand, you nudged her towards the exit door. You were pretty sure Alphys knew about you and Sans being soulmates and now she was shipping you two together. "Got it, now get home to your lovely fish lady, tell her I said hi" Alphys blushed as she nodded and awkwardly walked out but not before waving goodbye to you and you doing the same. You truly loved that dork, platonically of course, she already had her destined soulmate Undyne.

You sighed and got back to your papers, it was about some newly discovered medicine for the soul, who knew monsters could catch a fever by their souls? Well now you did. Moving onto the next paper, it was a blueprint of the newly modified machine, some things had been changed or worked on but it still technically didn't turn on even though it clearly used electricity to power itself on, you looked at multiple papers and memorized them. Abruptly you could feel a pull in your soul and you instantly knew what the reason for that was, you reacted like you didn't feel anything. Sans didn't know that you knew about the soulmate thing and honestly you would like to keep it that way. You could clearly see the little blue string attached to your soul, since you didn't have any magic it took on Sans's primary magic colour. Humans usually weren't able to see them but you could if you really focused on it, didn't know why but you weren't alone in it so maybe just a minority.

"Hello there kiddo, working late again?" Sans usually called you kiddo, which didn't sit well in your book but you didn't make a fuss out of it. "Yep" You simply answered as your eyes didn't divert from the blueprint of some weird contraption you were committing into your memory. You didn't have the mood to converse with Sans and then him getting uncomfortable when things got even a little bit personal. It was weird he even initiated a conversation unprovoked.

"Welp, I'll be going, don't stay the entire night, we can't afford to pay that" You looked up from the blueprint in a somewhat amused expression on your face. "I'll make sure to leave before that happens, oh and do tell your brother I enjoyed his spaghetti" Sans's brother had made a spaghetti dish for the get-together that your work held and you didn't find it distasteful, just needed more work. As expected you could tell that Sans got uncomfortable, why do you even bother, you didn't show your disappointment and looked back down on the blueprint, surely by now you had it all memorized. "Hehe... will do, see ya" And out he went... Wait, how much time has passed? You looked at the clock and it was now midnight, you should probably take a break so you didn't completely exhaust your brain.