𝗂. 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝖽

CHAPTER ONE: BETROTHED

❝ do you think the khal will appreciate lavender? ❞

do you think the khal will appreciate lavender? 

❝ do you think the khal will appreciate lavender? ❞

      ESSOS is probably the best place for any Targaryen to be. The sun was hot, the air was clear and the colors were bright. Daemon spent most of his days in town, just people watching. Observing his surroundings. Something that has always kept him alert and aware of danger. It seemed like most days he felt paranoid. Ever since he, alongside his cousin Viserys, Daenerys and Selaenya, were pushed out of the only home he has known all his life, he could never rest.

      For years of their lives, they lived with nothing. Impoverished, hungry and alone. just two boys taking care of two baby girls until they were old enough to become targets of Viserys' rage. Which marked the end to a once beautiful and strong bond with Daemon. He has seen the cruelty he has inflicted on the fraternal twins. He knew a huge part of him blamed the girls for Rhaella's death. Which is very unfair. Twins were not easy to carry. Daemon knew that at such an early age. And Aerys contributed to the amount of stress she went through. He was a mad man who had no problem reminding Daemon about how much he looked like his 'weak minded' brother. 

         Prince Jaehaerys ii fell in love with a woman of House Verlaryon. A woman Daemon did not remember, nor did he ever see. For she died in childbirth due to her own illness while Daemon was conceived. But he was his father's only child and he loved him. As sad as it is to think about, Daemon's memories of his father are very scarce. He doesn't remember how he looks but he sometimes hears his voice in his head. He remembers bits of the things he would always tell him. Of course, when Jaehaerys died, Daemon was all but 4. So no one expected him to remember much about him. But he was constantly reminded of how much he looked like him. 

      Rhaella loved that about Daemon. That he looked like their deceased brother. Because to her, Daemon was a blessing. Her brother lived through his son and she did everything in her power to make her insane husband adopt and legitimize him as a part of their family. From that day on, he was known as Prince Daemon of House Targaryen iii, son of King Aerys Targaryen ii. People around Kingslanding would address him as such, erasing the connection between his father and him.