The Morning After (Edited)

Min Jun

The next morning I woke early to my phone alarm. I usually get up and jog before work but decided against it as I had Juniper over. I slowly peeped in the room to see how she was; she was still asleep on the bed. She had kicked the covers off, her gorgeous legs laying atop of the blanket. She was snoring softly, which made me like her even more. Her hair was a mess, but I didn't mind at all, she was still beautiful to me. I gently closed the door to let her sleep a bit more and I went to go make breakfast.

Just as the coffee finished brewing, she emerged from the bedroom. She was walking softly around in her socks and dress from last night, looking as cute as ever. She was tiptoeing around trying not to make a sound as she was looking at the decor and pictures. She didn't see me as she walked into the kitchen with her back turned. She looked at the table with breakfast and two place settings. She quickly turned around and stared.

"Good Morning." I said. She was fresh faced, no makeup and hair over her head. Her curly crown topped her head perfectly.

"Oh good morning. I thought I was at Se-Ra's house. I'm sorry." She said, covering her mouth.

"It's okay. Se-Ra asked me to take care of you last night. Both of you were pretty drunk." I said, bringing the coffee to the table.

"Oh, yeah. Last night. I didn't do or say anything bad, did I?" She asked.

"Not at all." I smiled. I remembered her telling me she would take care of my heart.

"Good." She said with a sigh of relief. "Wait, how did you know I would be at the bar? How did you find me?" She asked, sitting down at the table. I sat across from her and poured her coffee.

"I actually didn't. My coworkers and I decided to go to the bar after work for a few drinks and you and your coworkers were already there." I said. She looked at me and blushed.

"I saw you! That was you!" She said excitedly.

"Yes. I saw you after a few drinks. We had a shot together from across the room." I started eating breakfast.

"I remember." She said, smiling. She sat for a moment looking at the food. "You made all of this?"

"Yes. Are you hungry?"

"Yes, I'm famished."

"Eat well then." I said.

"Oh shit! You saw me dancing!" She started covering her mouth. I laughed and covered my mouth, not to embarrass her.

"You dance well honestly." I replied. She closed her eyes and covered her face. "It's okay. I promise. Now eat." I said.

She looked at me, blushing as she started eating from the plate in front of her. She was remembering things from last night. We sat and ate, stealing glances of each other from across the table, I wondered how much she would remember. I hoped she would remember everything.

Juniper started eating and she was amazed. She smiled and closed her eyes with each bite. I was happy just to see her response. She ate well as she practically devoured everything that was before her.

"It was amazing." She said getting up and collecting the plates. I stood up and took them from her.

"You can go and take a shower. I placed a jogging suit for you in the bathroom. It should fit." I said clearing the table.

"Thank you." She said, "And thank you for taking care of me. I don't usually have that much to drink." She said being a little embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it. It was my pleasure."

"You're amazing, you know that?"

"How so?" I asked and turned to face her.

"You have come to my rescue twice already. Once in the coffee shop and last night." She walked slowly over to me.

"I was just in the right places at the right times." I replied. I didn't know if she remembered last night but I wasn't going to mention it.

"True. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to return the favor." She said, looking directly at me. I hoped she would too. She smiled and turned to go to the bathroom.

Shortly after Juniper took her shower, she came out dressed in the gray jogging suit I had left for her and carrying her boots in her hands. She looked cute with my clothes on. They were a little baggy in the pants but she still wore them well. She had her hair pulled to the top of her head in a puffy ponytail. She came out fresh faced and not a bit of makeup on. She was totally natural. I've always been attracted to a woman who looks good with or without makeup. She hadn't worn a lot of makeup the times I've seen her, but now, her face was totally naked.

"I hope you don't mind, I used some of your facial products. You use the same as me, ironically. Not too many guys, well American guys, even have a daily facial regimen."

"Oh, I see. Yeah, I love to take care of my skin, especially my face, it's my true asset." I said jokingly.

"Well, I think everyone should take care of their skin, regardless of gender. And besides, you should take care of your face, it's cute." She said blushing. She made my heart skip a beat.

"Thank you. So are you." I replied. She smiled harder and I blushed harder as well.

"Um, ok, uh Thank you again for everything. I need to head out so I can get to my place before work." She said, grabbing her bag and her coat.

"Do you need a ride home?" I asked, hoping she did.

"You've helped me so much already. I can call a cab. Besides, you have to get to work yourself."

"True. I can go to work after I drop you off at your place." I stated. She didn't have a comeback and she had no reason to refuse.

"Ok. Thank you again. I really appreciate you." She said.

"You can pay me back later." I said. She smiled. I knew she would eventually.