At the last Second: Restocking of the Supply Base (6)

~Your PoV~

You couldn't grasp the situation. Everything happened so fast when suddenly the armored Titan runs towards the tower. In a single moment, you lost the ground under your feet and chunks of rock flew around.

It had simply run down the tower as if it were no obstacle at all... Just like the Inner Gate.

Screams that previously cut through the air suddenly stop as you hit the ground hard. Instinctively, you hold your arms above your head, as if that could protect you from falling stones.

Your vision was taken away by the dust and dirt that was blown up. With every little piece that cleared, you wished it had continued to cover everything. Remains of people peeked out from under the collapsed tower. Sometimes only a bloodstain of them remained, which now stained the stones.

You don't know who had survived this at all. Nanaba, who was standing next to you a short time ago, was nowhere to be seen, and there was no trace of your other comrades either. However, you couldn't identify the human remains around you anymore either.

But even if you and others survived the collapse, you didn't know what would come after. Without the tower, that was it. And likely your horses were buried under rocks, too, which meant you wouldn't be able to get out of here.

You straightened up, hearing small stones that had been on top of you fall to the ground. The sound of stone against stone hitting each other permeated your ears, hoping you could block out the other sounds.

You coughed a little as the dust also affected your lungs, before looking around, this time hoping to see some sign of life from your comrades.

By now, you could make out your surroundings again. The dust was still in the air, but it was nowhere near as dense. But the sight was anything but encouraging. Only now you noticed how many Titans had already gathered around you again. You could also see some comrades, like Thomas, who was not far away from you, but no one could fight. They had no blades or gas or were injured.

When you see Thomas surrounded by three Titans, which he kept dodging by a hair's breadth, you get up to help him. Using the 3D maneuver, you catapult yourself into the air, only to fall to the ground a few feet away, like a wet sack.

Your gas was used up.

When you dodged the rocks with the 3D maneuver, you had used up your last gas without realizing it.

You want to get up to look for a way to help Thomas without your equipment, but suddenly the boulders next to you move.

The scouts weren't the only ones buried under the rocks, only unlike them, the Titans survived.

One of the grinning beasts straightens up and shakes the rocks off of itself.

Quickly, you leap to your feet. You didn't want to stay lying there waiting for it to break free.

You run in the other direction, only to stumble upon a titan there as well. Before it can grab you, you jump to the side and keep running. But you knew you wouldn't be so lucky again. They were lurking at every corner. There was no place you could have fled to.

As you stumble over the stones with dragging feet, something more menacing than the normal Titans comes into your view. Your gaze falls directly on the Titan, whose skin is made of armor.

As if he had been looking directly for you, his heavy footsteps approached you directly. Once again, you changed direction.

Your breathing became more labored as you climbed over the stones, hoping that there wasn't another Titan lurking behind them. But no matter how hard you tried to be faster than the Armored Titan, it of course managed to close the gap between you with ease.