Chapter 4:Loafx POV

After volunteering to be for lookout, I didn't care what the others thought of me, a scaredy-cat, not a good friend etc. because I didn't need to go and search for our missing friends in that weird mansion.

I only needed to just stand outside and do nothing. If you think about it, being a lookout is extremely useless.

There is nothing to look out for and even if there was, the lookouts can not make contact with the rest to inform them about something.

As soon as Zud, SSundee, Lookumz and PatP left, I stared at Kate and she stared at me.

"So what are we going to do? Other than you know "looking out"" Kate sarcastically air-quoted.

"Haha I don't know I just immediately said that I want to be lookout so I don't need to enter this scary place" I laughed

"Same so you want to play any games?" Kate questioned me

"Sure what games do you want t-"I stopped noticing a suspicious trapdoor hidden behind the fence near to where we were.

"Say" I smiled "Are you curious to see what is behind that trapdoor?" I asked pointing to the trapdoor.

"YES!" Kate shrieked. I knew that Kate's curiosity will get the better of her and that she will explore it without hesitation.

We then jumped over the fence that was supposedly to protect the mansion and bent down to inspect the trapdoor.

It was in a dark shade of brown, a poor colour if the owner wanted to camouflage with the dead grass around it which was light brown. A rusty greyish metal handle was fitted inside of the trapdoor.

I dugged out of metal handle and tugged it and the trapdoor just flew up, revealing a long ladder going into the unseen darkness below us.

We both looked at each other and gulped as I made my way down the ladder. After a while I heard Kate coming down and closed the trapdoor behind her.

Soon, I felt the hard floor when I placed my foot further down the ladder. It was still pitch black and I started to feel the wall that the ladder was leaning on like a blind man.

Then I felt something that felt like switch and I flicked it and all the lights started to brighten up the whole room.

"Hey! I can finally see!"Kate said as she jumped off the ladder and landed right next to me.

Both of us then finally took in the lighted room. I saw empty shelves, a door, blank walls, and a doorway with Zud unconscious.

I rushed towards him shaking him up while Kate joined me.

"Zud? ZUD"

"Zud wake up!"

"Come on Zud, WAKE UP"

"ZUD!!!Zud "

Questions after questions started to appear. As Kate and I tried to wake Zud up, Zud suddenly woke up and was clutching the back of his head. Kate and I heaved a sigh of relief, but before either of us could say anything, a new voice was heard

"Zud? What happened?"

We looked up to see a concerned SSundee above us.

"I heard Zud's cry of pain a while ago but I was stuck because someone locked the 2 doors that I entered from. " SSundee explained

"Yeah, someone hit me at the back of my head..... Wait I remembered before I got hit, I saw someone getting gagged here" Zud said pointing to a spot on the floor.

"Kate and I found a trapdoor that lead to here but none of us saw a person gagged here.... " I said

"WAIT! Maybe the person escaped through here" Kate shrieked, gesturing to the door that we saw when we came down the ladder.

We then pushed open the door which revealed to a flight of stairs. After what seems like a billon years, we managed to finished ascending the long flight of stairs.

Everyone panted and sweated profusely. We haven't climb stairs that long before. Then we noticed the tall gate in front of us and saw a note behind it.

Zud took out a key from his pocket and unlocked the gate. I ran ahead and picked up the note.

The note just says:

Oh a little too late to save your friends...... better luck next time.

Out of the blue, we saw a black Mercedes Benz start up its engine like a bear coming out of hibernation and sped away.

"So I am guessing that was the car that has our friends?" Zud's rhetorical question broke through the silence.

Getting annoyed, I picked up the note and crumpled it in my hand out of frustration.

Then we went around the house to enter it through the front door to get PatP and Lookumz out of there to try and find ways to get our friends back.

However, when we opened the door, we saw PatP and Lookumz was sprinting down the stairs with something in their hands.

"Guys! We found this upstairs taped to a wall that wrote: Your friends are in one of these location. All the best." PatP panted as he and Lookumz reached the end of the stairs and handed us the note.

I grabbed it and dragged a nearby table to where we were.

The sun was setting so all of us took out our phone and turn on the touch function.

Slowly, our eyes finally adjusted to the new light level and we all saw what was on the note...

Derbent

Akhmim

Warin Chamrap

Singapore

Okkad

Nantes

C7 132