Chapter Eighty- Caring Dad

I don't know if the German is accurate, so feel free to correct me-

------------

"...I'm on my way."

Edward relaxed as Henrik hung up the phone. 

No matter what, when push comes to shove... Henrik was a good person. 

A good person who was making bad choices, but a good person, nonetheless. 

They could trust him.

------------

"Henrik...? What are you doing here...?" Dark looked up, though only slightly as the doctors passed. 

The Septic took one glance at Dark and immediately looked to Edward, "vhy, oh vhy, are zhey still here? Zhey cannot see King or Host until tomorrow no matter vhat, so vhat is the point of zhem staying here so late?"

"...Dark wants to see Anti. And the others won't leave until Dark does. At first, I thought it was likely that Anti would wake up today." Edward looked away guiltily. "I'm sorry to say this, Dark, but I was wrong. You should go home. I'll call you in the morning and tell you if any of them wake up."

Dark lifted his head, looking ready to argue. He looked like a wreck and hadn't even bothered to cover his left eye- the blue one. "But... But I-!" "Char needs someone to look after her, too, remember? And someone needs to get rid of... That body." At that last part, Edward reluctantly looked over to the dark ego. 

And what he saw wasn't what he had feared... But somehow worse. 

Something that had never happened before happened. Dark's eyes dimmed.

No, 'dimmed' wasn't the right word...

They faded.

The red and blue of his eyes and aura faded down to pastel versions of their normally vibrant colors.

As if the color had been drained from his world. 

The emotions, views, everything... Was watered down for him. He could see color, and the color in his own eyes and aura were still there... But it was different. So devoid of life and meaning. 

Red. Dark's color of destruction. Of sight... But it was more than that. Edward didn't know about Celine, but he knew that the color red was the color of Dark's strength.

Blue. Dark's kindness. His moral compass... And hope. All of these things about these colors- red, blue, and black- of Dark's were known to everyone, even though they didn't know about his soul predicament. 

Because when Dark's aura was only black, he had his chin raised proudly, and that was the only time he did. 

When Dark's aura was red, he needn't have confidence or pride, only a determination and fierceness that would never come out otherwise. 

And when his aura was only blue... He never smiled brighter. He was never quite as good with his words as with blue. 

These differences had been clear to see, the personality traits that each color represented were easy to see. The egos KNEW that these colors were special, and they meant something. No, not something... They meant everything. 

But right then and there, when Dark's aura faded to those grim pastel colors, his black sclera turned to a dark grey, and his eyes lost their shine... There was no strength, there was no pride...