1. Denial

Karl and Sapnap met up for the second time after half a year and another few months of not seeing each other in person. They've still been chatting online and streams. See, Sapnap has been adamant on not seeing Karl face to face a little longer.

He doesn't know why particularly.

But he just doesn't like how Karl makes him feel. And he's delaying the next meet up because of it. It's not necessarily bad, the way Karl makes him feel. It's just that, he feels vulnerable around him. Like there were no limits to their friendship.

It's not like how it is with Dream. Karl makes him feel... weird. All chummy. He doesn't like physical contact, but with Karl, he's pretty okay with it surprisingly. He learned love in a different way, because of Karl. And it scares the shit out of him.

He's pretty sure he's going to get rid of it. He hasn't been thinking about it though, he managed to push it at the back of his mind. He thinks he got rid of it, funny enough. So he agreed to do another meet up. He misses Karl.

As a friend of course, he tells himself. He's just about to take off in an airplane, on his way to NC.

Time Skip

He'd arrive right after he wakes up, and it's bright in the morning. He got off the airplane and went to retrieve his bags. He was grateful no one's recognize him yet. He was pretty jet lagged and tired. Plus, Karl said he's coming in another 10 minutes.

He took that as an opportunity to buy coffee and freshen himself up by washing his face, silking back his hair with water (which eventually curled and be put back in place again). He put his hat on and found a café to stay in.

He felt better than before. Just as he went for another sip of coffee on a table in the café, he spot the one and only Karl Jacobs. He was just as beautiful if not, more than the last time they met. Karl was looking around Sapnap, so he raised he raised his hand to get his attention.

Karl's face lit up when he saw Sapnap.

It was enough to remind Sapnap of all the times he's thought about his eyes. Karl quickly went over to Sapnap. Sapnap stood up as he got closer, and Karl hugged him. Sapnap didn't know what he expected when Karl would get there by then,

but it was definitely not this. Sapnap slowly raised his arms to hug him back. And by then, he remembered how it felt hugging him for the first time. So awkward. But then Sapnap didn't recognize his body language.

But now he does. And it puts him out of his zone. Which he likes. He likes experiencing out of the ordinary. And this... him, this is not ordinary. That's why he's so attracted to him. Like a magnet.

"It's been so long and you look so different!"

Karl started, breaking the hug first, holding Sapnap by the waist only just right after. Then he let go. That's when Sapnap began to reply.

"Yeah, I could say the same Karl. You look like you got a lot younger"

I eyed his facial features. It was true. He looked a lot more different then last time. Maybe it was the new hair, shaved face and clean eyebrows. But he looks good.

"I missed you."

Karl said that, and I didn't know what expression he had on. He was looking at me, but I was so unsure on how he feels at this moment after he said that. Without thinking, I blurt out

"I missed you too."

And I can see his face physically relax. And a smile creeping up his face too. He signals to walk to his car with his head and I nodded.

"I have a lot planned for streams. George, Quackity, Dream and Wilbur are all going to be there right? Twitchcon is going to be epic."

I chuckle softly at that. We get into the car. He begins to drive.

"Yeah it is. Glad I got here earlier than expected though. Then we wouldn't have to spend time with each other on camera. We can just... hang out."

I said, nervous. I hope he doesn't take that weirdly. But instead he laughs.

"Yeah. Get away from the loudness. Just you and me. Honestly, even if we went to Twitchcon we can still do that. Get away from everything."

I smile.

"That sounds nice."

He swerves and made a U-turn. We arrive at a fancy restaurant.

"Our friends are waiting."

He says while unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Wait wait, what? We're going in there...? Karl, I'm dressed like a homeless man."

He snorts.

"Nobody will care, It's okay."

He says while getting off the car. I took a sigh in and rolled my eyes. We get off, and a young man greets us. He put on a smile, as Karl smiled back. He gives him his car key. We entered the big doors, going to the receptionist.

"Names?"

She asked politely.

"Karl Jacobs and Nick. Reservation number... 8."

He says calmly. She nods and lead us to the table. Then  there it is, a big table with our friends seating around it. I smile. Our friends acknowledge us and said their hello's.

"Karl! Sapnap!"

Quackity calls to us. Karl waves to him cheerfully as I greet him with a happy smile. Karl sits next to Nolan, as I sit next to Dream. Me and Karl sat across to each other. Dream was talking to George, so I talked to Punz .I tried to turn my focus to the conversations I'm included in.

And certainly tried to ignore how close Nolan's face is to Karl's.

But I couldn't help and observe them. Karl giggling to Nolan's jokes and remarks, or Nolan feeding Karl, or them just generally touching each other. It made me incredibly jealous for no reason at all.

It's not like I felt possessive of my other friends. Not at all. Not with George, Punz or Quackity. So why him? Why does it bother me so much? Nolan puts whipped cream from his drink on Karl's nose and I pray to god he doesn't put his lips anywhere near Karl.