The beginning

The world was once a place of peace, protected by the embodiment of thunder and storms themselves, the dragons. The dragons were protected by the land, as they protected the people, who protected the land. It was an endless cycle of balance.

The cycle remained until the day a young boy named Zion discovered something awful, a crystal made of evil embodied. The crystal was fueled by hate and controlled those who went near it. The crystal had a soul of its own, it was alive, and its power allowed it to control all it so desired.

When he found the crystal, he felt its power, was drawn to it, he was given power of his own, but power corrupts, it made him something else, it turned him into something not quite human, but also not quite a monster. He became something that's in between being a human and a devil, he became something worse, the demi-demon, Zalmore.

Because of the crystal, he became obsessed with destroying the dragons and remaking the world in his image. This triggered the start of the great war between Zalmore's forces and the rest of humanity, a century long fight that nearly ended all that existed, Zalmore was winning.

This was until a young dragonling named Spikesworth Omar XIII made a terrible mistake, he caused the war to stop, but at the cost of all other dragons that exist. He opened a portal to the Netherworld, trapping Zalmore's army inside, but not before Zalmore slayed the Dragon King, the only dragon remaining other than Spike. All that remained was the seal that closed of the portal to the Netherworld, and a sole dragon who has sworn his life to guarding the seal, till he suffers a fate worse than death.

He has kept that promise for 100 000 years to today, he's been trapped in his role forever in regret.