Prologue

.

.

.

It was cold, dark and damp. Sitting in filth in an isolated alley wasn't exactly how you planned things to happen. Your poor skin was growing increasingly numb from the freezing temperature and the rain pouring down from the grey clouds above to the new York streets wasn't solving anything.

.

.

.

You lost count of how long you've been on your own. A week, perhaps? An eight year old in old, tattered clothes; Homeless with no money or food, it was terrible. As of right now, since it was raining, you snatched the opportunity and took a piece of an old trash bag to collect the rain water so you could drink. You trembled inside of the empty refrigerator box that you often slept inside . . . But it was getting increasingly uncomfortable due to the rain starting dampen the bottom.

.

.

.

This was no way to live . . . Although, it's not like anyone cares. Pedestrians looked past you, and the ones that didn't said:

"Go find your parents, kid, it's dangerous without parental supervision."

"I'm sure someone will help you soon."

"The authorities will come get you when they see you're lost.."

.

.

.

You gritted your teeth. Ignorance. Arrogance. That's what you thought of them when they said that. Only spitting suggestions without actually doing anything. They left you alone . . . Being out here for so long . . . And no one even spared a glance or reached out a helping hand.

.

.

.

You finally came to a conclusion.

.

.

.

You're going to die here. Alone. Abandoned. No one will care. . . You're nothing . . .

.

.

.

Just die.

.

.

.

Your vision gets hazy . . . Hypothermia slowly started to take control.

.

.

.

.

" . . . Aye, what's this?" a feminine voice startled you. You hear light clicking footsteps approaching. "What are you doing all by yourself?"

You gasp softly and focused your attention on who was speaking to you. You couldn't quite make out her facial features due to the bad lightning in the environment and the black umbrella increasing the difficulty of seeing her face. The only thing that was obvious was that she was a tall, slender woman in dark clothing and high heels.

" . . . No one came to save you, did they?"

Her words surprised you. How could she have possibly known your situation? Not like it wasn't obvious. A child in an alley all by himself living like a hobo . . . You didn't have to be a genius to see it.