Book I, Chapter III

Book I
"Baby Steps"

Chapter III
"Just Business"

Holy crap, you felt like such a badass right now.

"But just remember, evil is subjective." come on, That sounds like a goddamn motto or something.

And the whole putting the gun back in its holster thing? Sure, you could have used it to defend yourself and maybe even find some food in these never-ending woods, but it was totally worth it to see the look on the woman's face. Mouth hanging wide open - you really hope a fly managed to make its way in there.

You were several miles away from the base before your legs finally gave out. Your adrenaline had been drained, leaving you with nothing but mind-numbing pain from when the asshole had tried to bash your skull in on the table. The right side of your forehead had been leaking down from your face.

You leaned your back against a random tree, silently cringing at all the sap getting on your clothes. Your breathing was ragged, you were starting to see spots, and your eyelids felt like 10 pound weights. You would probably feel better after your head got wrapped up and got some shut-eye. Maybe you could just nap here? You're in the peaceful part of the woods, about a mile or two away from park actually. Then again, there was about an 86% chance that you could have a concussion and it would not be wise to sleep with one.

You forced yourself onto your feet and sluggishly trekked through the terrain. This was going to be a looong walk . . .

.

.

.

" . . . Well well well," sighed the Mistress. "It's a miracle you managed to escape the Avengers, (Y/N) . . . Last time I checked, they aren't usually that gentle with their prisoners."

You stayed in a respective bow, kneeling down in one knee with your head pointed at the floor. Anger burned the back of your throat while your head throbbed with pain. At least your head was all patched up. A little hydrogen peroxide, a few stitches, some painkillers and gauze was all you needed.

"How's your head?" She asks as her eyes glanced over her medical skills. She wasn't on a doctoral level but she knew how to patch someone up pretty well.

You lifted your hand up, fingers feeling and brushing the gauze snuggling around your skull. There was only pain when you touched where the stitches were but the painful headache you had is mostly gone. "Fine, ma'am, thank you again."

She arose from her chair and walks to you with slow strides. Her soft fingertips glided underneath your chin and lifted your head up so you'd look up at her. "On your feet, Mi querido. We have a visitor."

.

.

.

Well . . .

There's nothing more mysterious than walking down a dimly lit hallway with a black door at the end. The only noise that could be heard was the heavy footsteps and the light buzzing of the dull overhead lights.

"There's someone I want you to meet," spoke Mistress. "He's come a long way to see us, so mind your manners."

You nodded as the door got closer and closer. "Yes, ma'am." You complied. You weren't nervous or overly excited, but your curiosity was definitely at its peak. Approaching the door, Mistress wraps her slender fingers around the door knob and opens it up - the first thing you noticed was a round table with a bearded man with glasses on the opposite side from you and your mistress. As you walk further in, you see the room has grey walls with a black marble floor and bright purple lights to illuminate the area.