CHAPTER 15

I laughed modestly in front of him after we stared at each other for about a minute. Did he take my question seriously? I'm just kidding!

"I'm kidding. What do you do with your time there?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Ilang minuto ba siya magpalit ng damit, huh?

"M-may inayos ako. May kailangan ka ba?" he came out of his room and closed the door so we are closer to each other now. Why does whatever Kiel wears suit him? Is there anything else that doesn't suit him? I can also smell his perfume which adds to his support. He's so clean, you know? "Nadeleine?" he snapped.

I'm back to reality. "Nothing!" masigla kong sabi bago siya talikuran at bumalik sa couch. I don't want to use my phone because it's charging but I don't have anything to do. Ano ang gagawin ko rito ngayon? Ayoko pa naman umuwi, gusto ko munang magstay rito.

Ah, right.

I had my iPad with me so I sat on the floor and leaned on the couch. I assembled my stand on the table in the living room and placed my iPad on it so that it would not be difficult for me to hold the iPad while reading or highlighting or writing in my notes. Mayroong nilapag si Kiel na bag beside me pero may kaunting nakalabas na lace roon so I took it.

Ezchavez, Ralpkiel Akio I.

Akio? That's his second name, huh? I have never heard anyone call him by that name. What if I did it myself? That sounds like a good idea.

I looked at Kiel as he sat down, close to me. "Akio? I like your second name and you're gwapo here," I showed him his ID that I was holding. He looked surprised because his eyes widened a little, he also stopped for a few seconds before turning his gaze to his laptop. I laughed. "Never thought you had a second name," nilapag ko na 'yon sa lamesa.

"How about you, Seren?" I lost my smile and quickly looked at him. How did he know that?! Our eyes met. He laughed at me because of my reaction so I glared at him even more. Inabot ko siya at hinampas 'yung braso niya, Kiel chuckled. "Oh, why are you hampasing me? Do you wanna touch my biceps?" he showed me his biceps so I tried to pretend to hit him again but he moved away.

"Epal mo, 'no? Where did you find that out?"

"I saw the certificates in your condo that have your full name," he shrugged. "Tanong lang, why do they call you Nads?"

"Tanong mo sa kanila." Inirapa ko siya.

"Okay, Sue," he said.

"Okay, Akio," I said, mocking him.

It's a good thing that both of us have been quiet because we've also focused on what we're studying. From time to time he talks to me and asks about anatomy kaya mapupunta 'yung oras namin sa pag-uusap. But that's good because I know we remember something. After we finished studying, we took down the questions and gave the paper to each other. As we discussed, I was the first to ask. There is an answer there so we will know whether it is right or wrong. We only had one answer mistake because we forgot but the last ones were all correct.

Hindi na namin napansin 'yung oras dahil sa abala mag-aral. Okay na rin 'to, I won't need to study later when I get home, just tomorrow morning. I don't have a class naman sa morning, afternoon lang. Then I will go to VGC because I want to relax, I'll just watch the hearing or trial, whatever there is.

I was the one who looked for dinner for Kiel and me because I told him not to cook anymore, we'll just order so there's nothing else to do.

Maeve

nasaan ka?

why?