2- Bad Idea

DARKNESS

DARKNESS. THAT WAS ALL Seph could see when her eyes opened. She wearily lifted herself from the ground, her hand immediately flying to her neck. She expected to feel pain from the bruising, though she felt nothing. Her jumper was dry of blood and she could feel nothing marring her skin when she shoved her cold hand under the warm item.

"Hello?" She tried calling out in the hope someone else might be in that room with her and that she simply couldn't see them. She was greeted with a wall of thick, unforgiving silence. Seph sighed and backed up until her back hit a wall and she let herself slide down it, her legs splayed out like a teddy bear.

"Okay Seph, it's all okay. Let's just go over what you know." It seemed to the girl that this was the only way she could keep her sanity.

"My name is Josephine Cardin. I'm seventeen years old. I live in Los Angeles. I have two sisters and one brother. I'm the sound tech for Sunset Curve. My best friends are in that band. They are Luke Patterson, Bobby Shaw, Alex Mercer and Reginald Peters. Luke, Alex and Reggie died in July. I went to visit them a couple of minutes ago and it was cold so I went early. There was a man in the alley and he-"

Her hand flew to her mouth and she pulled her legs to her chest. "He killed me." She whispered in a cracked voice. Reality set in on her of what had happened. That man in the alley had taken her life from her.

A faint sound broke through the silence, something that sounded like muffled crying. Seph stood up immediately, her first thoughts being that a young child was in the room with her.

"Hello? It's okay sweetie, it's just a little dark." Her words would definitely not have calmed the hysterical crying, though it quietened a bit when her voice floated to the child. She started to walk in the direction of the crying, though was stopped short when she felt a sharp tug in her tummy.

"Wha-what's going-" She cut herself off with a scream as the ground below her feet opened and she fell through the hole onto sand.

"When I ask the earth to swallow me up, I don't mean LITERALLY!" Seph yelled at the blue sky and kicked the sand beneath her feet angrily. Maybe she wasn't dead and that whole dark room thing had just been some weird cheese dream.

She turned around to take in her surroundings, it appeared to be the beach that she recalled to be outside Reggie's house. But it wasn't there, nor was the entire neighbourhood.

"What's going on?" Seph murmured under her breath. This wasn't the place she had left five minutes ago. The beach was much more busy, and she saw people carrying strange, rectangular shaped objects, rising them to their ears or just looking straight down to them.

She gasped as a strange tickling sensation took over her body as a person walked through her.

Wait.

Someone walked through her.

She was a ghost.

"This is crazy." Seph ran her hands through her hair and tugged at the roots as she began to pace up and down on the sand. "Ghosts aren't real. This is some crazy dream for sure."