Seoul

'I promise that it will be okay'

'You'll do amazing'

'You need to believe in yourself as much as I believe in you'

Hyunjin groaned as he tried to repeat the encouraging words he'd been hearing for weeks now, hitting the back of his head against the tiles. He really needed to calm down but even the warm streaks of water against his skin were no help. Tomorrow he'd finally go to his job in Seoul, and while he'd been working from home for the past seven months, being physically in the company would be different.

What if his colleagues hated him?

What if they were all able to see through his less experienced self and looked down on him?

What if he freaked out and didn't do a good job?

He forced a slow inhale of breath to slow down the rate of his heart and stop the subtle tremble of his fingers. Maybe he should've had a bath instead and used one of Felix's lavender scented candles to calm his nerves. But sue him, he was too used to showers and found them way more convenient and efficient compared to baths. Don't let Felix hear any of that though. The couple had had more than enough silly disputes over which one is better.

Imagine the shock on his boyfriend's face when Hyunjin had suggested that they'd rent a flat without a bath. That evening had absolutely traumatised him and he didn't dare speak on the inconvenience of baths ever since.

'Hyunie?', the sleepy voice took Hyunjin out of his thoughts and he opened his eyes, turning around to watch as Felix stood under the doorframe of the bathroom, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

'It's two in the morning, why are you showering again?', Felix blinked slowly, his eyes not fully open and obviously still trying to get used to the white light.

'Couldn't sleep', was his simple answer and he leaned back against the wall again, watching as his partner took slow strides towards the bathtub. His long brown hair was a tangled mess, the side of his chin glimmering with dried spit and his freckled cheeks still red from the warmth underneath their blankets.

Without another word, Felix stripped off his nightgown and underwear, leaving them on the floor before he threw a leg over the edge of the tub.

'You should've gone back to sleep', Hyunjin said softly, even if his actions contradicted his words. He took Felix's hand and pulled the boy closer, leading him under the shower's streaks. For a moment, Hyunjin forgot about everything else as he enjoyed the sight of his boyfriend's eyes closing in content at the warm water.

'Don't like sleeping without you', Felix murmured after a long enough pause for Hyunjin to even forget what he'd said previously.

His body moved on autopilot as he grabbed the bottle of shampoo next to him and squeezed some of it in the middle of his palm, only to start rubbing it against Felix's scalp a second later. The other sighed at the sensation, his eyes closing and his body becoming even more relaxed under Hyunjin's ministrations.

'Are you overthinking about work again?', Felix said quietly and in all honesty, he had seen it coming. At this point, he was convinced that his boyfriend could actually read his thoughts.

A long sigh.

'When am I not?', Hyunjin said with a humourless chuckle, the strain in his voice clear through it. He rubbed the tips of his fingers against Felix's scalp, massaging him at all spots that he knew were his favourite. Hyunjin's face broke into an endeared expression when the other's head lolled to the side, body obviously trying to fight off sleep again.

'Y'know-', Felix mumbled as Hyunjin started washing off the shampoo.

'Hmm?'

The younger lifted his hand up, his eyes still closed as he trailed his fingers up Hyunjin's torso, neck, cheek, stopping only once he felt up the side of his forehead and rubbed it in circles.